1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

must read if you got tranny problems!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 02:20 AM
krupaeric
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default must read if you got tranny problems!!!!

ok 1st gen durango fans. ever since i bought my durango i have had sever tranny slippage and erratic shifting problems. let me tell you about this plug i found under the kick down cable. its a 3 wire plug that pluggs into the tranny that... you guessed it controlls the sylenoid. my plugg was corroted and 2 wires were corroted and there was no insulation left on them from rubbing on each other. and they were were crossed. casing the tranny not to shift correctely. so for all you guys out there whos got tranny issues. befor you get the kick down adjusted and adjust the tv cable. check that plug to make sure your wires arent like mine. i used black tape (electrical tape) to seperate the wires. This week its going to the dealership to have a new plug set installed. but be warned its extreemely inexcessable with only inches to work. it took me about a half hour to get a single peice of tape wrapped around the wires. and be carefull not to break any wires that are frayed. cus you can not get up in there with a set of crimpers unless you got a lift. so let me know how your adventures go. and if this advise has helped you. like it did me. you will have the same excitement to know that you dont need an overhaul!!!

Old 04-09-2012, 10:25 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts

Thank you for the information.

Old 04-09-2012, 10:56 PM
alwaysclean19
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hope this fixes your problem and you actually get to enjoy the truck!

Quick Reply: must read if you got tranny problems!!!!