BCM number

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2012 | 08:42 PM
irzyxel
|
Default BCM number

1999 Durango SLT
5.2L 4wd

My uncle took his Durango to the dealer and paid for them to diagnose the weird electrical issues. They told him his Body Control Module needs replaced.

I've found posts that mention the same electrical issues and how replacing this module has corrected the issues. That goes along with what the dealer said, so that's good. I've also found posts on where to find the part's location. I have not found a reference to the part number. Can anyone help me out with the part number? Seems elusive. Thanks.

Old 08-19-2012 | 12:59 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech

Welcome to DF
If you pm the last 9 of the vin, I can post the mopar part number for the CTM/BCM.

Old 08-19-2012 | 05:29 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame

There are 2 options with the CTM's. You will have to go off the VIN as master tech states.

Old 08-20-2012 | 10:54 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech

The mopar CTM part number is 56021385AF. It will need to be program by the dealer.

Old 08-20-2012 | 11:15 AM
irzyxel
|

Bit of an update here with a touch of /facepalm.

I called the local dealership and they gave me a part number. I wasn't sure if it was correct or not, because I could hear two people in the background going back and forth about it.

Called my uncle. Low and behold he actually had the part number on his printout from the dealership already. This would have been nice to know, but not mad. Then he tells me he already found a used part and replaced it. So I had been looking for a part number, and part, which he already had. Only slightly peeved.

So I matched the part number I got from my dealer with his original, his replacement, and the dealership printout. All match and the only remaining issue is with his security. Knowing that all the other oddity issues were resolved with a replacement part would have been really REALLY handy information. Mmm not mad.

I told him to get back with his local dealer to get it flashed for his security and he should be good. Sorry, it's annoying to not have all the information. Thanks anyway guys.
The part number for the BCM/CTM for his Durango is 56021385AF

Old 08-20-2012 | 11:16 AM
irzyxel
|

Originally Posted by master tech
The mopar CTM part number is 56021385AF. It will need to be program by the dealer.
Hah you post that while I was typing my message! Thanks again!

Old 08-21-2012 | 12:31 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech

No problem. We're all here to help. If you any other part numbers, let me know.

Quick Reply: BCM number