1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

4.7 Electronic Nightmare!

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2012 | 07:29 PM
battsman53
|
Default 4.7 Electronic Nightmare!

My 2003 Durango has 175,000 miles on it, but it runs and drives great when it's running. It all started with check engine light. So I started running check's with ODB II and it showed multiple fault codes. So I started replacing sensors associated with each code and clearing the PCM each time. Sometimes the vehicle would drive okay but after a while the check light would come back on with different fault code. I even replace battery because voltage was a little low. It will start on first try but once it get warm it will shut down and will not restart until it cools down. Finally I started running checks of voltage at each sensors and it had no voltage at Camshaft and MAP sensors. According to manual in states it is a PCM problem. I was wondering if anyone else has had these problems before I replace the PCM.

Old 08-20-2012 | 05:29 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD

it does sound like a PCM overheating problem, next time it happens put a bag of ice on the PCM and give it a couple minutes to cool off, try starting it, if it starts this way the PCM is overheating, it is a common issue on 98-00 MY trucks, but does happen on a few of the newer ones too once in a while.

Quick Reply: 4.7 Electronic Nightmare!