1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Front bump stops

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 01:46 PM
jmess
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front bump stops

My front bump stops are toast. Just wondering if I'd do any damage by removing them and not replacing them. It seems like all the brake lines have enough slack to move that far. Just looking for a yes or no. Not to be called an idiot or made fun of. I'm also running the t/s lift and the body lift as well so chances are tires won't rub

Old 09-04-2012, 04:14 PM
Sooper
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Most lift kits come with new bump stops because as you've deduced, you'll never hit the stock ones with a lift.

The bump stops are important not just for protecting the wheel wells and body but the suspension components that will stress too much if flexed to far. Joints will start breaking.

I would recommend getting some bump stops that are appropriate for your lift kits.

Old 09-04-2012, 10:06 PM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ask for a replacement "jounce" when buying new ones.

HTH,

IndyDurango

Old 09-05-2012, 09:31 AM
adukart
Record Breaker
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

As sooper explained about the suspension flex. I would put some in, they should just pull out with a pry bar and push the new ones in.

Old 09-05-2012, 03:28 PM
srch4me
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sooper
Most lift kits come with new bump stops because as you've deduced, you'll never hit the stock ones with a lift.

The bump stops are important not just for protecting the wheel wells and body but the suspension components that will stress too much if flexed to far. Joints will start breaking.

I would recommend getting some bump stops that are appropriate for your lift kits.
Frankly all he has is a body lift and a ts lift. The body lift shouldn't affect the bump stops. And the ts lift isn't high enough to elicit aftermarket ones

Posted from Dodgeforum.com App for Android

Quick Reply: Front bump stops