1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

fuel pump rebuild kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 07:26 PM
cummingetit
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel pump rebuild kit

Has anyone ever used the walbro rebuild kit? I found it on rock auto for 40 bucks but it doesn't have the plug mine has. It just has 2 bare wires hanging out of it. I'm clueless as to how to insulate them to keep them from shorting as they will be submerged in gasoline. The description says that the kit DOES NOT come with instructions. Everything looks pretty self explanatory except how to keep the bare wires from shorting together.

Posted from Dodgeforum.com App for Android

Old 09-30-2012, 08:11 PM
Old_School
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cummingetit
Has anyone ever used the walbro rebuild kit? I found it on rock auto for 40 bucks but it doesn't have the plug mine has. It just has 2 bare wires hanging out of it. I'm clueless as to how to insulate them to keep them from shorting as they will be submerged in gasoline. The description says that the kit DOES NOT come with instructions. Everything looks pretty self explanatory except how to keep the bare wires from shorting together.

Honestly, if it where me i would NOT mix gasoline with bare wire... i think that is something i would grin, bear and shell out the money for a OEM one...

Old 09-30-2012, 09:00 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

dont waste your time/money on a rebuild kit, you will end up need a whole new pump later on down the road (ok, not so far down the road) and have to drop the pump a 2nd time, just do it right the first time

Old 10-01-2012, 01:21 AM
cummingetit
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Aww. Not what i was hoping for. I already shelled out the cash for a new one but if there was a chance that i could fix it for 1/6th the cost i was gonna return the assembly and get just the pump. Guess you gotta do what you gotta do.

Quick Reply: fuel pump rebuild kit