1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Steering knuckles for 1999 Durango

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 09:53 AM
Dirtrango
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering knuckles for 1999 Durango

Hey guys I am in need of driver and passenger steering knuckles for my D. The top bolt for the brake calipers have stripped due to rust. I need either used or new (but inexpensive) parts and where to get them. i have searched and can not find any. please if you have any ideas let me know. this snow storm caught me off gard and with what we had to deal with after sandy I done't have the money to go hog wild. Though it was nice to be able to use my 4 wheel this year.

Old 11-08-2012, 09:11 PM
jetuco
Amateur

There are two alternatives for your stripped out caliper bolt. 1. They make a new bolt with an oversize threaded section. The thread is also self-tapping. 2. Next option is a helicoil kit. You will need to open the existing hole a little more then insert a new set of threads to fit the oem replacement bolt. Either of these two options are much cheaper than buying new knuckles.

Old 11-09-2012, 11:15 AM
Dirtrango
Professional
Thumbs up

Where do I get the new bolts from and would you know the part number. I found a guy parting out his truck and he accepted my $100 offer for both front. my worry is if it happens to them being as their from a 99 also. mine wenr cause the truck was in a flood and the water rusted the bolt out.

Originally Posted by jetuco
There are two alternatives for your stripped out caliper bolt. 1. They make a new bolt with an oversize threaded section. The thread is also self-tapping. 2. Next option is a helicoil kit. You will need to open the existing hole a little more then insert a new set of threads to fit the oem replacement bolt. Either of these two options are much cheaper than buying new knuckles.

Old 11-13-2012, 04:48 PM
Dirtrango
Professional

Ok so I have an Idea what a Next option is a helicoil kit is. but where would I get one for my Durango.

I tried the over sized bolts from Autozone $14 instead of like $20 anywhere else. and that did not work.

Quick Reply: Steering knuckles for 1999 Durango