Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2014, 02:57 AM
mrmanteca
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok ty appreciate the info.

Old 05-16-2014, 03:17 PM
mrmanteca

well heck i took the transmission to shop they found the pressure regulator in the pump was stuck so thery freed it up polished the bore and plunger so it moves freely . well since i took it to them this has happend 2 more times . this is getting old now i have to take that sob transmission out again for the 3rd time this week.would it be safe to say maybe the contamination is coming from torque converter. so if i replace converter that will stop the problem of the pressure regulator getting stuck

Old 05-16-2014, 08:33 PM
mrmanteca

well this is where im at now .i took the transmission out and took it to the tranny shop the guy at the shop said that the pressure valve was stuck about 1/2 open .so he got it freed up and moving freely so now i got it put back in filling trans back up with atf+4 .headed back to shop so guy can put it into learn mode.when all a sudden its doing the same thing again. so i take it out for the second time in a week and back to shop i go .the guy at shop says the same valve got stuck again.he says this time he polished the bore and valve and its moving freely.so i put it back in and fill itup and back to shop for learn mode .everything going just fine we go for a little test drive go to head back to shop .guess what all a sudden its doing the same thing again .so it looks like im pulling it back out tonight to see if that sob valve is stuck again i will know by morning. could the contamination that is sticking the pressure valve in the pump body .be from the torque converter

Old 05-19-2014, 11:58 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 98 Likes on 83 Posts

I would replace both the pump and torque converter and blow out the transmission cooler with compress air. This way you will know if you any blockage.

Quick Reply: transmission help