1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

2003 awd durango help awd is out

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 04:15 PM
mrbadluck
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 awd durango help awd is out

i was going to see my son and girlfriend and i heard a pop from underneath and lost mobility in all gears, until i put it into 4wd then i have full mobility, still has the grinding but is mobile in 4w, somebody told me my awd tc is shot is that so and if so can i do it without special tools or? need price tool list if specials are required and can i do this on my own.

Old 09-09-2014, 07:50 PM
JeeperDon
All Star
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Depends upon what you call 'shot'. Sounds like your rear output shaft broke. When that happens in AWD, and the motor tried to split power front to back, it's like an old single axle open diff with one rear on ice. You're going nowhere.

If the case isn't cracked, I'd pull it, open it up, and fix it. But thats just me.

Old 09-09-2014, 07:58 PM
mrbadluck

i finally got somebody to help me look at it the front shaft at the tc spins and the rest of the shaft doesnt, literally the part after what leaves the tc

Old 09-10-2014, 02:46 PM
DJeXeCute
Rookie

Are the yokes spining? If they both are I doubt the T-case is your problem I had the CV on my front Driveshaft blow out awhile back and all the ball bearings came out so the companion flange would spin but the drive-shaft wouldn't. I ended up getting a custom driveshaft off ebay that still had the companion flange but had u-joints on both ends instead of the CV end.

Quick Reply: 2003 awd durango help awd is out