1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

1999 Dodge Durango blower problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2015, 08:51 PM
Torch6729
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 Dodge Durango blower problems

1999 Dodge Durango blower problems
Hi I am new here, I have been working on a 1999 dodge durango with blower motor problems. I have replaced the blower motor, the blower motor resistor, theclimate controller assemble and just about anything that has to do with blower motor. I have checked all fuses and relays and they are good still no blower motor! the wires going to the blower motor when key is off not hot when you turn the key on on side is hot at all times with everything off but ignition (which I think is wrong new blower motor one side red one side black red hot ground black) when you turn the controller to max ac both side of wires going to blower motor are hot( how can this be there has to be a ground?)
There is something weird going on here when the vehicle is off when you open the door the light comes on in the climate control and also if you turn the climate controller switch off to on the security light comes on with the ignition off.
Does anybody here have any information on this I am about to pull my hair out been working on it for 2 days. Thank you any information would be helpful.

P.S would the TCM cause this and where is the BCM located?

Old 02-16-2015, 11:44 AM
rockgod
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe the TCM and BCM are the same module, depending on which model you have depends on which module you have, ( ic ould be worn gabout that though)but i do know anit has to be programmed by the dealer. It very well may be the culprit. I know the BCM controls most everything power associated...locks, winodws, HVAC, wipers, etc...
My wife's Durango had a bad BCM and had to have it replaced and reprogrammed at the dealer because her door locks would go nuts and lock/unlock at random tmes. we would lock the doors and as we're walking away could here them locking/unlocking several times. Could never leave the keys in the car for even a minute because of htis. Also, the windows would decide to take over a minute to roll up/down sometimes too. other times, would take the usual 6 seconds.

Old 02-16-2015, 02:08 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

BCM and TCM are different things, TCM is transmission control module, BCM is body control module (and dodge actually calls it a central timer module or CTM depending on the year)

im not sure if the CTM controls the hvac in the 98-00 trucks, but it sounds to me like you have a bad ground somewhere, it could be through the CTM but if you have no other electrical issues i wouldnt put that high on the list of places to check, id pull the wiring diagram and look for the ground point for the blower motor and hit that first to see if i had continuity or a short to something along the path

Old 02-16-2015, 09:10 PM
Torch6729
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes I am sorry I meant CTM and I replaced that left the battery disconnected over night and it all started working when I reconnected it.
Thanks for the information you guys.

Quick Reply: 1999 Dodge Durango blower problems