Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,179 Likes on 2,932 Posts

Probably low fuel pressure.......

Old 01-28-2018, 12:16 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

i agree low fuel pressure, probably from a weak pump, it sucks but chances are the pump was never changed by the original owner, and unless you have changed it i would guess its the original from 2003 its 15 years old, not really hard to believe its worn out.

Old 02-08-2018, 10:02 AM
buffalocalzone
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

jus an update (and thank you all for replies) turned out after changing EVERYTHING but the fuel pump- it was the Fuel pump! but my dumb *** cut the Filler hose and the Vent hose because they were so molded on- spent hours trying to get the originals off- NOTE TO ALL - do not cut these hoses as they are Impossible to find outside a dealer! I was fortunate enough to fid the Vent hose at Filler Neck supply- but the Fuel filler hose came in way too BIG- I was able to start the Durango using the cut Filler hose ( before I went on a search for a Fuel rated hose 1 1/8 ID) and it fired up but because air was getting in on the razor slice of filler hose- idled perfect at times- loss of horsepower when I took around the block, so do whatever you need to salvage original hoses- going to pick up a 1" ID fuel hose today to hopefully be able to squeeze that on the necks of tank and Fuel line so no air is getting in- and hope and pray my Durango is back to normal- have a great day all

Old 02-08-2018, 06:37 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,179 Likes on 2,932 Posts

Booger Picker. Makes taking hoses off a LOT easier.

Old 02-09-2018, 05:16 PM
buffalocalzone
Rookie

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Booger Picker. Makes taking hoses off a LOT easier.

damnnnnnnn wish I would have known before and that I didn’t cut the fuel and vent hose not knowing that it is impossible !! to find at your general auto parts store thank you for the reply I have a 1 inch ID not a 1 1/8” JC Whitney no one has a 1 1/8” ID I’m going to the lube this 1” hose and get it over the neck One way or the other dodge parts.com none in stock every other fuel filler hose company discontinued Warning to everyone do not cut your fuel and then hose off unless absolutely impossible

Old 02-12-2018, 10:55 AM
buffalocalzone
Rookie

Originally Posted by buffalocalzone
just an update for anyone having this issue i tried the check banging on the gas tank heard the fuel pump priming buddy turn the car over it started is now running but wants to stall out after i just changed all eight spark plugs so not sure if it is due to spark lack of fuel or air since i cleaned out the intake i changed out all the plugs change the fuel pump relay now it’s starting but wants to stall and less i keep my foot on the pedal going to get it to an auto store to run a code check could be the camshaft sensor or i didn’t put a spark plug and right will keep everyone posted in case you were having the same issue
ok so the durango is back up and running -it was the fuel pump! New plugs new tps new this new that- runs and idles perfect! """but"""" now it will stall when i get ready to stop at the light??!!!!!! Vacuum leak?? If so what can i do to end this nightmare?! Omg

Quick Reply: 2003 sxt cranks but no start