1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Detroit axle vs moog

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2020, 08:06 PM
that_guy
Champion
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Orion Wright
how have they held up? I’m doing a front end rebuild lift and want to know if those are the ones to go with. I saw on rockauto they got a heart lmao. I’m also going energy Suspension bushing just to completely redo it. You get new control arms too?
The last set of moog uppers I put on are still fine, as are the mevotech lowers I put on when I swapped over to 03 front brakes. That said, those went on about a month or so before the china flu struck, so I've been working from home and as such, barely driving since then.

Something I learned recently is how to tell apart moog's product lines. Long story short the problem solver line is the way to go. I think for balljoints at least (tie rods may be different, again problem solver is what you want) the CK and K part numbers are the problem solver. The RK or R are the cheap garbage.

On my durango I put on the mevotech terrain tough lowers (01+ style). Those have the green boot. I put the supreme's (blue boot) on my charger for control arms (w/non replaceable balljoints) and tie rods. They were the only greasable ones available for it. I've been going for those over moogs where possible.

I still think napa tries to bank on people associating their name with quality, so generally I trust napa parts. You can usually tell from the product picture, or sometimes even the part number, what the manufacturer is. Seemed like all the suspension parts they list for the durango and charger are mevotech.

Quick Reply: Detroit axle vs moog