1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Hi, I am new and got questions.

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 01:03 AM
Dr.Dodge
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hi, I am new and got questions.

Kensai,

It was VERY hilly country. There were truck runoffs every couple miles. The hills were so steep the Durango would downshift for engine braking to keep the speed under control. I would typically tap the brakes at this point to disengage the cruise and let the hill push us along. On the way up, (the return trip up the Blue Ridge Mountains) I was getting 18-18.5 MPG which i thought was awesome. I credit the Mobil 1 synthetic for at least a part of the good mileage. I also made sure the tires were inflated to 35 psi (soft tires hurt economy) as well as cleaned and lubricated the calipers front and rear. No sticking brakes here. I went the extra mile and got the alignment checked. 1 degree here will seriously affect mileage.

As an aside, does anyone know a source for ATF+4 synthetic? I have 7000 miles on this trans and I am ready to remove the assembly crud as well as the 'seating in' grit.

Thanks
Jeff

Old 10-27-2006, 07:13 PM
bcc8280
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE:searching for wiring diagrams

Hi Dr Dodge,
I'm in need of wiring diagrams or schematics, doesnt matter, for 1996 stratus.I dont know their broke down but I need atleast the PCM pinouts. Or if its any easier I'm blowing fuse 5 in the Power distribution panel. Pre Thanks, Bill

Old 10-28-2006, 04:04 PM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: RE:searching for wiring diagrams

Bcc you might want to check the stratus area these are Durangos

Quick Reply: Hi, I am new and got questions.