1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Valve cover gaskets - 4.7L

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2019, 11:55 PM
Dodgevity
Champion
Received 376 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by Zingo
How many miles did it have when you bought it? 300k miles is incredible especially with a service history (or lack there of) in this case with the previous owner hahaha
I've only put 55K on it as I was driving my Honda to work, but now my daughter has that. I saved it from the brink cause it would have been a goner with the last owner. I've gone through and took care of all the gremlins. From the falling headliner, to the ball joints and endlinks, radiator leak, head gasket leak, evap leak codes, quite a few sensors, wheel bearings, brakes, etc. You name it, I resolved it. No engine codes whatsoever and now it runs just about perfect. Despite the miles, it's got loads of compression and is the cleanest Dakota of this generation that I've come across in Atlanta.

Old 04-11-2019, 12:13 AM
Zingo
Professional
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well I'm jealous you've gotten yourself such a high miles truck but in great shape. Makes things more interesting with all the miles

Old 04-11-2019, 08:51 AM
Dodgevity
Champion

Originally Posted by Zingo
Well I'm jealous you've gotten yourself such a high miles truck but in great shape. Makes things more interesting with all the miles
Well I certainly wouldn't mind if it was 75K on it. With all these miles, I'm stuck with it till the wheels fall off. LOL But yeah, I've always pushed my vehicles beyond 200K before getting rid of them. Haven't had one die yet. How many miles on yours?

Old 04-11-2019, 01:42 PM
Zingo
Professional
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It's sitting about 240k and doing pretty well at the moment, aside from the rust belt doing it's thing slowly but surely.
My last Dakota made it to about 285k before I had to junk it so I'm hoping to beat that one but we'll see.

Old 04-27-2019, 10:46 AM
Dodgevity
Champion

The new Felpro gaskets have been sitting in a box along with a new fan belt and a Mopar IAC valve. Also got new wheels and tires ready to install.

Sometimes life gets in the way of things Been dealing with a flooded basement after heavy rains a week ago. Been vacuuming water out of carpets and removing carpet, padding and furniture all week. Now I'm troubleshooting with a water hose so I can find out where my foundation is cracked. Once I have a good idea of location, I will be cutting out the drywall and sealing the crack with an injection kit. I'm looking at vinyl tiles and getting quotes on installs. I'm grateful that this truck has been really reliable transportation. It does everything I ask of it with no fuss. Wish I'd waited to get the wheels/tires with all the expenses now.

Old 04-28-2019, 01:45 PM
Dodgevity
Champion

Well, at least I got the wheels on.

Old 04-28-2019, 03:27 PM
sporta
Veteran
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Dodgevity
Well, at least I got the wheels on.

Wheels and tires look great. What size tires did you go with?

Old 04-28-2019, 05:22 PM
Dodgevity
Champion

Originally Posted by sporta
Wheels and tires look great. What size tires did you go with?
Thanks. I got the same size that came on the truck. I got 255/65/16. The wheel have a more aggressive stance than the OEM set. Not sure if you can see it with this pic, but they stick out a bit more.

Last edited by Dodgevity; 04-28-2019 at 06:08 PM.

Quick Reply: Valve cover gaskets - 4.7L