2000 Durango 4.7L power seat question

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2019, 01:54 PM
sporta
Veteran
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Default 2000 Durango 4.7L power seat question

Hey all,

On my 2000 Durango with the 4.7 (have to be specific as I have 2 2000's one 4.7 and one 5.9 :P) the passenger seat is the "boring" old manual type. I scored a set of heated power seats from a 2002 Durango (heated, leather power seats ) and the driver's side fit just like a glove and had the power plug in but no circuit for the power heat (yep, I know it wasn't available until '01). I figure at a later time I can run a circuit to the power heat switch from the donor '02 and get power to the driver's heat portion of the seat...the main question I have is regarding the passenger front seat. The stock one is showing its age and starting to fall apart. My question is has anyone in the group added powered heated seats to their '00 and earlier Durango's? If so, do you have a wiring diagram for it? I theorize that I SHOULD be able to tap the power for the "powered" portion of the passenger seat from the drivers seat, theory being, that both seats would not be run at the same time. I would then run a similar circuit to the heated portion of the seat similar to what I proposed for the drivers side....is there any downfall to pig-tailing off the drivers seat to run the power mech for the passenger seat? or should I just bite the bullet and run it's own circuit?

Thanks in advance

Steve

Old 05-23-2019, 01:58 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,275 Likes on 3,022 Posts

Think I would just run a separate, fused power feed to the passenger seat. But, I am just paranoid like that.

Old 05-23-2019, 02:08 PM
sporta
Veteran
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Think I would just run a separate, fused power feed to the passenger seat. But, I am just paranoid like that.
More I think about it...yeah I think I will run the separate circuits (2 heating and 1 power for the passenger side, thankfully I have the digital service manual and patience) for it...was going to get lazy...then I got to thinking about all the man hours into Red lately and metaphorically smacked myself in the head

Quick Reply: 2000 Durango 4.7L power seat question