Stock tire size question

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2019, 08:03 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,290 Likes on 3,037 Posts

Originally Posted by volaredon
calibration not needed for the size of the WHEELS...… but overall tire height. You can buy 15s,16s and 17s for the respective wheel size that are all exactly the same overall height which is what matters for speedo calibration. If you want 22s you can find some kind of thin sidewall rubber band tires that will work fine with the speedo calibration as is.... NOT that I would suggest doing so, unless you want to completely ruin the appearance of your ride
Not to mention beating the crap out of yourself, and all your suspension components, because the tires don't absorb ANYTHING at all......

I never really understood that....... Why ruin some engineers hard work designing a suspension system, by putting tires whose design is completely anathema to what the engineers had in mind?

Old 12-28-2019, 09:39 PM
dodgemahal
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dybeepvw
Hi dodgemahal, I just purchased one like yours, 1998 SLT plus, 4x4, 5.9L, White with gray interior in really great shape; mine has 17" wheels with 265/70/17 tires and speedo has been calibrated for the bigger wheels. It really runs strong; has a power steering hose small leak, and a few small drips from oil pan, so have to figure out if its pan gasket or rear main or valve cover gaskets or combination of all.
I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine. I love my D and it runs strong like yours. Sounds like our rides are optioned similarly. I put some Ranchos on the corners and it handles remarkably well. Good luck and keep me posted on your upgrades.

Old 01-03-2020, 02:23 PM
brett anchustegui
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire size

I have a 3 inch lift on my 99 durango was wondering if I could fit 33 by 12 wide with minimal rub

Old 01-03-2020, 06:37 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,290 Likes on 3,037 Posts

33's? Probably. 12 wide? That's gonna rub.

Quick Reply: Stock tire size question