1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

2000 Durango 4.7L Oxygen Sensor Blues

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2019, 07:57 PM
sporta
Veteran
Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
Default 2000 Durango 4.7L Oxygen Sensor Blues

OK everyone, I need some expert advice....my 2000 Durango with the 4.7l engine is throwing a P0135 after replacing the O2 sensor Bank 1 before the CAT. Does anyone have the definite part number for this blasted thing???? And besides the "Mopar" brand is there another acceptable manufacture for these things? Need to get her smogged before the 22nd of December so time is running out...Also as a test, would it be ok to try and pull one from Pick-N-Pull just to see if it works?

Thanks,

Steve

Old 12-18-2019, 09:17 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,290 Likes on 3,037 Posts

That's a heater circuit malfunction. I believe the PCM controls a relay, that supplies power to the heater side of the sensor. It expects to see voltage on that when it turns it on..... May be a bad relay, bad fuse, bad wire, or bad sensor. If you already tossed a new one in there, and are getting the same code, time to start tracing wires.

NGK or Denso for O2 sensors. Skip bosch, Dodges don't like 'em.

Old 12-18-2019, 09:38 PM
sporta
Veteran

Originally Posted by HeyYou
That's a heater circuit malfunction. I believe the PCM controls a relay, that supplies power to the heater side of the sensor. It expects to see voltage on that when it turns it on..... May be a bad relay, bad fuse, bad wire, or bad sensor. If you already tossed a new one in there, and are getting the same code, time to start tracing wires.

NGK or Denso for O2 sensors. Skip bosch, Dodges don't like 'em.
I'll check the relay and fuses tomorrow...thanks

Old 12-20-2019, 01:35 AM
sporta
Veteran

Got tied up with other projects today...adulting sucks but had a question....when I got the alignment done, the shop did a "complimentary check" of Red and reported the battery "failed the load test"....per their nifty little scanner, it said "Replace Battery" ... Volts were measured at 12.54v, CCA was 615 with a rating of 810 CCA. could the battery be contributing to the sensor issues? I will be going over the relay and fuses tomorrow...cleared my schedule and am going to MAKE TIME to go over her...Need to get her smogged ASAP.

Thanks in advance

Steve

Old 12-20-2019, 10:36 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,290 Likes on 3,037 Posts

It's possible, but, if you aren't experiencing any other electrical 'oddities', likely not the cause. Still, it's winter, at least, it is here..... So, wouldn't hurt to replace the battery anyway.

Quick Reply: 2000 Durango 4.7L Oxygen Sensor Blues