1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

‘99 5.9 V8 Durango Stalling in N & Park.

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2019, 11:51 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,290 Likes on 3,037 Posts

Is the PCM able to properly ground the circuits as well? A failure on just one circuit will make the IAC stop working. Need to verify power and ground at the IAC connector. If that looks good, then replace the IAC motor. Get a genuine mopar unit. The aftermarket fellers simply do not react fast enough.

Old 12-26-2019, 02:03 PM
Brxndon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Is the PCM able to properly ground the circuits as well? A failure on just one circuit will make the IAC stop working. Need to verify power and ground at the IAC connector. If that looks good, then replace the IAC motor. Get a genuine mopar unit. The aftermarket fellers simply do not react fast enough.
with my multimeter how do I test this?

Old 12-26-2019, 02:04 PM
Brxndon

its the 4 prong connector

Old 12-26-2019, 02:10 PM
Brxndon

With my multimeter set to V and my red lead on positive terminal on battery I put black lead onto IAC connector. I got 12.4 v out of 2 wires and 05.1 v out of the other 2 wires. Does this mean the circuit is not grounding and therefore not working properly? How do I fix this?

Old 12-26-2019, 02:30 PM
Brxndon

Originally Posted by Brxndon
With my multimeter set to V and my red lead on positive terminal on battery I put black lead onto IAC connector. I got 12.4 v out of 2 wires and 05.1 v out of the other 2 wires. Does this mean the circuit is not grounding and therefore not working properly? How do I fix this?
this was done KOEO

Old 12-26-2019, 04:42 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Figure out which two wires are getting 12 volts, then, switch your meter to ohms, put the black lead on the negative terminal of the battery, and test the other two pins, see what resistance is. Should be very close to zero. If resistance is high, or infinite, PCM has failed.

Old 12-26-2019, 05:40 PM
Brxndon

Figure out which two wires are getting 12 volts, then, switch your meter to ohms, put the black lead on the negative terminal of the battery, and test the other two pins, see what resistance is. Should be very close to zero. If resistance is high, or infinite, PCM has failed.
Resistance is 26.6 on both other pins. Should I replace PCM? Any recommendations on who to buy one from?

Old 12-26-2019, 05:54 PM
Brxndon

I did this with Key On Engine Off. Should ignition be off when performing this test?

Old 12-26-2019, 09:58 PM
Brxndon

Just to let everyone know I cleaned battery terminals thoroughly and put a little dielectric grease. This engine bay literally looks like it just drove off the lot. Sad to say I’m still having my idle issues. Hoping that HeyYou will be able to tell me if the problem lies in my PCM due to my high reading of resistance.

Old 12-27-2019, 07:39 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

What brand IAC motor? Did you clean the throttle body really well? They do tend to collect a lot of crap in the IAC well. Are you still getting the IAC code?

Quick Reply: ‘99 5.9 V8 Durango Stalling in N & Park.