1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

nother seat question

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2020, 04:06 PM
volaredon
Record Breaker
Received 48 Likes on 47 Posts
Default nother seat question

OK, I got those seats out of the junkyard 98 (see other thread from like a couple weeks ago) and they are in. MUCH more comfortable than my originals, and close in match. I did go back for the back seat from same 98 in junkyard so it would match the new fronts. and these don't rock like the original driver seat did either. Think these will stay instead of sending original out for repair. only issue (for my wife more than for me) is she liked the seat heaters in the original seats, these do not have any. Can seat heaters be retrofitted into them? They are leather like the original seats were if that matters.

and I see the original OE seat heaters available via Ebay for ~$120/ea..... any better priced alternatives? OE or aftermarket? cuz to me, my wife can deal with a cold azz when she first gets in, this time a year for that kind of cash ha ha.... Im not gonna take the old seats apart to pull them out, either.

Last edited by volaredon; 01-04-2020 at 04:09 PM.
Old 01-04-2020, 04:08 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,335 Likes on 3,077 Posts

I think you would have to pull the upholstery off the seats to change them, at the very least. I don't know if there are any differences in the foam, or such. Maybe disassemble one of the 'spare' seats, and see what it looks like?

Old 01-06-2020, 06:46 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

IIRC the heaters are bonded to the foam on the factory equipped seats, there is not removing them without damaging them.

That said i have heard of pads you can slip in between the padding and the leather 'aftermarket' which will provide the heat, however i would expect you would need to change the plug to make them work with the factory switches.

Old 01-06-2020, 08:38 AM
volaredon
Record Breaker
Received 48 Likes on 47 Posts

Yeah not too worried about changing the plug as that's the least of my worries

Quick Reply: nother seat question