1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Code P0320 - Crankshaft Position Sensor?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2020, 09:43 PM
OPTIX
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Code P0320 - Crankshaft Position Sensor?

Hey I have a 2001 Dodge Durango Sport 4x4 V8 4.7L. with 217k miles (original engine), (original transmission).
Car runs great and have avoided major repairs by regular maintenance and good practices although i have run into the annoying check engine light.. Code reads: Code P0320 - Ignition/Distributor Engine Speed Input Circuit. I am assuming it's my crankshaft position sensor? I am fairly new to the DIY car mechanic world and would love if anyone could give me some tips on how to go about fixing this problem (tools) (positioning) ect. Has anyone had this same code or problem with their Durango? Any tips/advice on this issue would be so awesome. Looking froward to finding where the problem is coming from and fixing it!

Thanks, OPTIX

UPDATE: LOL so here is what happened.. I went and picked up an aftermarket crankshaft positioning sensor, ripped the old one out and was like "sweet that was easy" lol. As i looked at broken sensor i noticed it did not have the sensor cap on top of it. The cap was stuck in my goddamn engine block.. After swearing up a storm and searching the forums for advice i just went for it. Long story short we ended up drilling a screw through the side of the cap without trying to damage any internals inside the block . IT WORKED!! butttt.. the aftermarket part barley fit and did not work, so i had to order an OEM MOPAR crankshaft positioning sensor from RockAuto. Problem is now solved and the beast is back in action! I hope this helps anyone that may run into this problem. Thanks for reading. - OPTIX "MOPAR or NO car"

Last edited by OPTIX; 01-17-2020 at 03:01 PM. Reason: UPDATE

Quick Reply: Code P0320 - Crankshaft Position Sensor?