1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

2000 Durango 4.7L with Auxilary Transmission Cooler

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2020, 05:49 PM
sporta
Veteran
Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
Default 2000 Durango 4.7L with Auxilary Transmission Cooler

Hey all. Need a bit of help with Red. The auxiliary transmission cooler is leaking at the "quick" connect. Does anyone have a good pic of the quick connect joint? Is there supposed to be some sort of O ring on there? Thanks in advance.

Steve

Old 02-17-2020, 09:24 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,335 Likes on 3,077 Posts

Yeah, there's an o-ring in there that you may be able to replace. There might even be two...... Worst case, dorman makes replacement quick-connects you can splice into the existing line.

Old 02-21-2020, 03:00 PM
sporta
Veteran

Well, I found the root cause of the issue....when we put Red back together last time, I had lots of "help" doing it...between my dad and my roommate and me somehow we cross threaded the transmission cooler line into the radiator itself...not to mention there was a buggered o-ring in it as well.

So I ended up pulling the radiator to see what I could do...I had a spare radiator here from a parts donor but when I looked closely, there was a TON of aluminum inside the trans cooler...I so don't want that in Red...off to the junkyard I go...should be picking up the replacement radiator this afternoon...

On a side note, does anyone have a write up or know of one on replacing the main seal while the timing cover is still installed on the truck???

Thanks,

Steve

Old 02-24-2020, 11:00 PM
sporta
Veteran

Anyone have the part number for the connection of the transmission cooler to the radiator? I've checked the parts manual and am coming up dry.

The connector on my Durango was cross threaded in the old radiator...the junkyard where I got the replacement radiator didn't include the fittings...
Thanks in advance.

Steve

Old 02-25-2020, 08:51 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,335 Likes on 3,077 Posts

Wonder if someplace like TSC, would be able to make one up for you.... They do hydraulic lines and such...

Quick Reply: 2000 Durango 4.7L with Auxilary Transmission Cooler