1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

46RE random no reverse w/ noise like parking pin

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2020, 11:04 AM
PetterJhon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 46RE random no reverse w/ noise like parking pin

Hello everyone,,
new to posting but have enjoyed all the great advice these forums have offered for years. I usually can find my issue has already been experienced and solved but not this time. I have acquired a 2003 Durango R/T, 5.9L (of course) with 46RE (of course) AWD, one owner vehicle (lady/mom). She thought reverse was gone. Told me of it just making noise in R & N. She had the trans serviced, no resolution. When I checked out the vehicle, I noticed when in R with no movement and parking pin like noise. I would then shift to D, back to N & R a couple times and then suddenly R would be there perfectly with no slippage. I suspect a sticking valve body, or reverse servo. Anyone have experience with this?
Thanks! reversephonelookup.onl/ curated.onl/nba-reddit/ pcbuilder.onl/pcpartpicker/
p.s. I also have 2001 same vehicle with leaky front seal and other trans issues. Hope to take it off the road and do full rebuild when I get the 03 completely straight.

Last edited by PetterJhon; 02-20-2020 at 06:50 AM.
Old 02-18-2020, 04:55 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,335 Likes on 3,077 Posts

Think I would check the shift linkage adjustment, and see if it wasn't just sloppy from worn bushings, or suchlike.

Quick Reply: 46RE random no reverse w/ noise like parking pin