1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

something that drives me absolutely nuts/ how do I stop this from happening?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2020, 06:53 PM
volaredon
Record Breaker
Received 48 Likes on 47 Posts
Default something that drives me absolutely nuts/ how do I stop this from happening?

01 Durango. I absolutely HATE the automatic lock deal. soon as I hit 15MPH "click" Then I go in the store and come out w/an armload, and wind up dropping my armload when I go to open the door and find it locked. I didnt lock the damn thing, it should not be locked. Its not a new Chevy or a POS Honduh.... so people leave it alone.... Dodges arent thought of very highly by most around here (unlike me) so i aint worried about anyone messing with it. How do I get this automatic lock BS to STOP? I found something in the owners manual that is supposed to disarm this "feature" but it won't disarm no matter how many times I try.
I don't want my doors locked unless I am the one to lock them.

Old 11-21-2020, 08:25 AM
Dodgevity
Champion
Received 386 Likes on 347 Posts

This no worky?
  1. Enter vehicle and close door
  2. Fasten seatbelt (prevents chiming which could interfere with procedure)
  3. Insert key, and turn ON-OFF-ON-OFF-ON-OFF-ON (do not turn the key to START)
  4. Press DRIVER's lock switch to LOCK
  5. You will hear one chime to confirm the option has been toggled
  6. Wait 30 seconds
  7. Turn key off

Repeat the procedure to re-enable.

Old 11-22-2020, 08:52 AM
volaredon
Record Breaker
Received 48 Likes on 47 Posts

Have tried it several times, no it don't.
im about to pull the door panels and unhook the power locks to stop it from locking itself

Old 01-30-2021, 03:05 PM
Pspklutch
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No idea. Mine was disabled before I bought it. I've never been able to reenable it using that method. I don't know why but I guess I'm not the only one having issues reprogramming the settings

Old 02-11-2021, 12:48 PM
LanceMac
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm

My 00 Durango lights don't flash when I arm/disarm it but the horn works when it goes off. I thought about reset the alarm to see if that fixes it but everything I do to this truck fights me. Lol

Old 02-11-2021, 12:52 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,397 Likes on 3,137 Posts

Originally Posted by LanceMac
My 00 Durango lights don't flash when I arm/disarm it but the horn works when it goes off. I thought about reset the alarm to see if that fixes it but everything I do to this truck fights me. Lol
Story of my life..... I look at a job, and figure, sure, that'll take me 45 minutes or so. 4 hours later, I am still working on stuck/broken bolts, or parts that outright refuse to come off..... even in pieces. One of the reasons I got out of the wrench turning thing.

Old 02-11-2021, 01:34 PM
LanceMac
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea changed crankshaft sensor yesterday and it broke on me so i had to take it out in pieces

Old 02-21-2021, 07:41 AM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by LanceMac

check your owners manual, i believe there is a procedure in there to activate/deactivate the lights flashing/horn honking when you lock/unlock the truck with the remote.

Quick Reply: something that drives me absolutely nuts/ how do I stop this from happening?