1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

P0753, I have read may a thread on this but I my be unique.

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2021, 10:08 PM
DWW
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0753, I have read may a thread on this but I my be unique.

Let me first say I have read many of the other threads on this issue however my code has only popped up after a front left fender replacement. And the story goes......

2000 Durango 5.9 46re

I bought the truck about 5 years ago with 95K miles for $600, I thought all it needed was a new transfer case turns out it needed a trans as well. I got a reman 46re and installed myself about 5 years and 50k miles ago with no problems since. I had a minor fender bender (quite literally) about a week and a half ago and it was driving fine no C/E light nothing seamed abnormal. 2-3 days ago over the weekend I decided I didn't want to look at the dented fender anymore and went down to the salvage yard and low and behold there was the same colored D with about the same ware on the finish and fender with some nice curves , oooh lala. So I got to work with the transplant carefully dissecting the donor and carefully returning the lovely curves to my girl. Stood back and admired my work and went to take her for a spin and there it was the dreaded C/E light - P0753 uhggg. To do the work I preformed I had to remove the battery and tray and unscrew the Fuse box an ABS module from the old fender and just replace the screws to the new fender, the only other electrical connection the were messed with was the wiring harness to the head light. I have check the trans relay and fuse, looked for broken/ smashed wires around the fended rand checked and cleaned the the connectors to the trans. It just seams weird that this work I preformed would cause this issue, any thoughts? I mean probably next steps are replacing PCM and/or the shift solenoid, I just don't want to throw money and a situation that might have an easy fix. Is there a way to see there is a broken wire inside the main harness, a continuity test between the relay or fuse to one of the connectors to the trans? Thanks for any help in advance.

Old 04-06-2021, 06:35 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,335 Likes on 3,077 Posts

Replace the trans relay in the PDC, its cheap, it's easy, and is an oft-neglected part. Could just swap it with the horn relay too for that matter, just to see if that solves the issue.

Old 04-06-2021, 05:02 PM
DWW
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I have tried changing out the relay to no avail. Don't know if it is related but I keep blowing the rad fan fuse if the a/c is on. I have also jumped the pink wire in the middle connector to the PCM to ground and can get it to shift fine and gets rid of the P0753 but spits codes of P0622 and P1765 which is understandable. I think I'm going to order a PCM and see what happens.

Quick Reply: P0753, I have read may a thread on this but I my be unique.