1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Liftgate Swap out.. wiring harness

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2021, 02:15 PM
jims
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Liftgate Swap out.. wiring harness

I'm finally getting around to replacing my 02 D 4.7 liftgate that's rusted and dented.. I have a replacement but it's from a unknown year and lower trim level .. it had cloth interior.. mine is leather.. The question is should I use the liftgate wiring harness from my original gate or the one that's on the replacement gate ? The only thing that jumps out is the rear wiper motor original has 3 wires while the replacement has 4 so if I swap out the harnesses I'll swap out the wiper motors... any pros or cons . . anything else to check out first ?

Old 04-09-2021, 06:18 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,335 Likes on 3,077 Posts

Think I would transfer over as much as you can from the original, to the replacement.

The following users liked this post:
jims (04-10-2021)
Old 04-10-2021, 12:02 AM
jims
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same thought

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Think I would transfer over as much as you can from the original, to the replacement.
Yeah Thanks .. Pretty much leaning towards stripping it down to the shell as I know all my attached components are functional and I'd hate to start throwing codes or worse not exactly knowing much about the donor gate I've had sitting in the garage for the past 5 or so years... other than the membrane was so brittle it came off in chips instead of peeling off... but that could have something to do with Florida etching I found on the corner of the glass... Probably baked in that heat... made me first think of the wiring condition too. a good thing in disguise 😀

Quick Reply: Liftgate Swap out.. wiring harness