1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

DDI - worth buying as youngtimer?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2021, 09:44 PM
ol' grouch
Champion
Received 592 Likes on 537 Posts

I started a new thread over in "Off Topic" so we don't keep swamping the OP with stuff he or she probably doesn't care about.

Old 10-17-2021, 10:14 AM
shiremux
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just test driven first DDI in my life and i am very dissapointed, it was one of the cheapest in the area but that truck, eventho it was 5.9 didnt pull at all, the gear shifting etc seemed fine, switching from R to D etc was ok, no clunking noise etc but the car felt like it had 1.9L TDi under the hood, absolutely no power. When i let off the brake with D in switch i had to give it a kick in the gas to make it go, it barely moved with my foot off the gas, under hard acceleration it revs ok, engine doesnt missfire, runs smooth, revs up to 3k rpm but car barely gained any speed, it just screams from the exhaust, not even a slight kick in the back
I assume this is not ok? Something with the tranny or map sensor? Yeah, it had a check engine pop up immedietaly after i stomp on the gas

Old 10-17-2021, 10:18 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,335 Likes on 3,077 Posts

What was the code? Were you able to retrieve it?

Might be a clogging cat.....

Old 10-17-2021, 11:02 AM
shiremux
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unfortunately didnt had chance to retrieve the code, i think the car had straight pipe due to the loud sound, hopefully the o2 sensors were not cut with the exhaust, that might cuase the check to pop up i think, but would not cause low power on other hand

Quick Reply: DDI - worth buying as youngtimer?