1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

03 4.7 Heater Hose Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2021, 01:46 PM
lloydjv
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 4.7 Heater Hose Question

Hey guys. I don't normally need too much help with my Rango, but recently the heater hose on the driver side began to leak at the Y-Connector. Some years ago I replaced the one on the passenger side that goes to the rear heater core, but this is the other one that comes out under the intake resonator and goes to the heater core bottom inlet on the driver side.

Am I amiss in thinking these hoses are the same, or are they different? I have run every search I can think of for something definitive, with little luck. I am, at this point thinking of cutting the y-Pipe out and replacing it with the aluminum version. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Old 12-28-2021, 02:35 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,396 Likes on 3,136 Posts

Is the hose leaking, or is the plastic Y leaking? Make sure you fix the right leak.

On most cars/trucks that I have dealt with, heater hose inlet/outlet are different sizes.... Only way to know for sure though is to measure. If you have something else to drive, just take off the parts ya wanna replace, and take 'em with you to the parts store. Makes sure you get the right stuff the first time.

Old 12-28-2021, 03:10 PM
lloydjv

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Is the hose leaking, or is the plastic Y leaking? Make sure you fix the right leak.

On most cars/trucks that I have dealt with, heater hose inlet/outlet are different sizes.... Only way to know for sure though is to measure. If you have something else to drive, just take off the parts ya wanna replace, and take 'em with you to the parts store. Makes sure you get the right stuff the first time.
It's actually leaking from the plastic Y pipe. Seems to be cracked at 2 seams. I am trying to ascertain the part number of this particular hose. The ones I can find are listed for the passenger side where the hose goes to the rear heater core and back across the firewall. I may need to drive it to O'reilly in town and try to match one up. I thought maybe someone would see this and have the actually part number. Thank you for the reply.

Old 12-28-2021, 03:14 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

I know this has been discussed here before, a search *might* turn up something.

Old 12-28-2021, 04:33 PM
lloydjv

Originally Posted by HeyYou
I know this has been discussed here before, a search *might* turn up something.
True, and I have. I got 20 pages of hits but nothing that specifically seemed to address that particular hose. It sits right on the driver side top of the engine. I suppose I will need to experiment with some different repairs because I do not relish having to replace that hose with the high cost of the versions I have seen. I think all ends of it are 5/8 inch so maybe I will order a metal y pipe and see if I can splice it in.

Old 12-28-2021, 09:59 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

If it's just a hose, any parts store will have it on the shelf, and sell it by the foot. Just get the right inside diameter.

Old 12-31-2021, 08:58 AM
Dodgevity
Champion
Received 386 Likes on 347 Posts

Quick Reply: 03 4.7 Heater Hose Question