1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

What do i do when the mechanic is wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2023, 08:00 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,276 Likes on 3,023 Posts

Originally Posted by theresajengle
i am really not good with the internet stuff..... i cant for the life of me figure out how to delete my accidentally repeating messages..
all i can figure out to do is write something over the old one. i dont even care how to learn cause it's a wasting time i have other things to do. sorry for the messed messages.. lol
You can't figure it out, because you don't have that ability. So, don't feel like you are missing anything there.

I took care of it for ya though.

The following users liked this post:
theresajengle (09-14-2023)
Old 09-14-2023, 03:31 PM
theresajengle
Amateur
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

With my own life experiences, I think that you "hit the nail on the head!

My saying has always been "with leverage, womancan move mountains."

About the mechanic at the shop, he will surely still be there because they have not a clue of what has happened since I left there. When I left there, I would have never guessed that they were wrong, they had to know more than me.. right?

But, because when I did the tie rods, I had noticed & was aware from the utube videos, some were "upside down" (on cars that were not exactly the same as mine) so, I was careful, to make sure that I did them the correct way, & the one real reason that I was confident that I had them the correct way is because I did one side at a time, In the past, I have always done one side at a time no matter what i'm doing, just so I have the otherside to reference to if need be.

BUT THE BIGGEST CONFIRMATION THAT I HAD THEM CORRECTLY, WAS FROM ALL YOUR HELP!! I DON’T SEE HOW I COULD HAVE SUCCEED WITHOUT ALL YOUR HELP! I CANT THANK U ALL ENOUGH!!

As for that shop, I have prepared a 2 page document complete with all the evidence & proof of how they were 90% was wrong, (this document is mostly of what I had copied & pasted for my own records, as I always save what people say on these forums) along with the 2 page receipt from the alignment shop.

I will be going in there with a positive attitude of just wanting to "school them" so they wont make the same mistake to the next customer. What really blows my mind is that this shop has the best reputation in town by far from any others! but than I live in a tiny town.

I'm not in anyway mad.. just a little proud! lol. I think for me to go in there with a positive & well intended attitude, is gonna feel good! I have no reason to be mad at them because, they didn't charge me, & I didn’t waste the time, work & money doing what they said that I had to have done with ball joints & all!

Im really feeling good because I will treat them with compassion, sympathy & in need of education/knowledge that I am there to provide for them.

Kidgloves like I do with my grandchildren. Because, if I show any hostility, it would be against my whole point. Im gonna go in there sympathetic, & willing to correct & educate them. Fun fun fun!

I think that people who are judgmental towards me as a female its not because they feel any negative or ill will against me, just that they have doubt in a females competence, I can understand that

THANK YOU AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-14-2023, 03:36 PM
theresajengle
Amateur
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

appreciate that!! i dont even have a cell phone.. hate them dont want them!!! old school!! kinda sucks when your lost and the gas stations dont even sell maps anymore nor is there pay phones that exists!! my daughter 41 years old and my grandchildren 4, 18 years old & down, they all cant survive without a cell phone. but i am just as happy with my desk top pc!!

Quick Reply: What do i do when the mechanic is wrong?