1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Misfire an running rich 99 durango

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2023, 08:32 PM
Myboyblue53
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Misfire an running rich 99 durango

Hey everyone I just got a 99 durango I have a miss an its running rich but the scan just saying multiple misfires could the map do this or th o2 sensor s has new plugs wire cap so on new sensors on the throttle body except map sensor if I'm just barely giving it gas it's OK but starts misfires when I give it gas the only other thing I need to replace is the disc looking thing in the distributer I can't recall the name of it but can look if someone needs to know. It is running rich an I thank that's thats cousin the misfires

Old 12-27-2023, 08:42 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,393 Likes on 3,133 Posts

Which engine? What plugs got installed?

The following users liked this post:
Myboyblue53 (12-28-2023)
Old 12-28-2023, 11:52 PM
Myboyblue53
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Which engine? What plugs got installed?
5.2 an cheap auto lite plugs i was thinking it was them the owner from before just put them in right before I got it I been thinking about buying some good ones it had plugs wire in wrong spot when I got it it ran ok for few days after i fixed that then done same thing

Old 12-29-2023, 09:09 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,393 Likes on 3,133 Posts

Originally Posted by Myboyblue53
5.2 an cheap auto lite plugs i was thinking it was them the owner from before just put them in right before I got it I been thinking about buying some good ones it had plugs wire in wrong spot when I got it it ran ok for few days after i fixed that then done same thing
The autolites are likely just fine. These engines really don't care for the rare earth plugs. You end up with mystery misfires.

What kind of shape is the cap/rotor/wires in? May also want to take a look down the throttle body, into the intake, see if you see oil pooling in there. (common problem on the magnum engines.)

Quick Reply: Misfire an running rich 99 durango