1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

How tough are these Durango's...??

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 07:13 PM
Chris_Gorham
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How tough are these Durango's...??

Hi,

from previous post I had a cooling problem which suddenly happened to me here in Riyadh last weekend.
Anyway I thought it might be due to some dodgey wiring I had cleaned up by the dealer during a service...however, not impressed with his failure to spot the impending (as in day after) real issue.

The loose wiring in fact controlled the spotlights the previous owner had installed - but my real problem was in reality a leaking water pump. No sqeaky noise from it to betray its failure, just (as I had pointed out to me) some dried coolant covering the front of the block.
So SAR 1,200 (or £200, sorry I'm English) later my 99, 5.9L Magnum is back on the road and cooling performance is great.
Even the A/C seems to be working better now...

Question: Just how tough are these engines...?? I can't be certain how long the temperature gauge was way over, I tend to drive with my arm across the sterring wheel obscuring that gauge. I hadn't checked the coolant level for 2 weeks either. Most of the driving was just short trips round Riyadh, 10 to 20 mins at a time.

Sounds neurotic, but it doesn't seem to "pull" as it did...just wondered if I've burn't a valve or something...what should I be looking for...??

Chris

Quick Reply: How tough are these Durango's...??