Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Silly or what ever!

Still kicks ***! And CHEAP!

Old 03-21-2009, 09:36 PM
DragonOfMadness
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this thing looks ail silly but I guess the import gassers use it.

http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/RAM...-System/18149/

Old 03-21-2009, 11:25 PM
DragonOfMadness
Veteran

Hey,by the way for the factory air boxs=Walmart sells a washable Fram brand airfilter for 21bucks so no more paper fall aparts after driving around in the rain with the homemade air rams....thought I'd pass that on also if your tired of oiling you K&N's.......

Old 03-22-2009, 09:17 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame

With my K&N, I've never had to re-oil it. Sure some moisture gets in there but on the bottom of air box is a drain hole. Not to mention the water sticks to the oil and drops because oil is thinner than water.

Never had a problem.

As for the K&N wanna-be, I don't like it. Now they do sell a imitation K&N for about the same price so you might as well get the regular on for the same price.

Old 03-22-2009, 09:19 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame

Oh by the way......... LOL

That 1 psi super charger is just like the guys that add a leaf blower to the truck..... LOL

And that's why I just pull away from those ricers.........!

Old 03-22-2009, 09:40 PM
DragonOfMadness
Veteran

Ya mean PUFFED RICE---ERS=LOL<<No diss at puffed rice cereals or products=1 billion chinese can't be wrong.....

Old 06-29-2010, 12:28 PM
LuxuryDodge
Professional

sorry to bring back a dead thread but... has anyone done a ram air/cai from the fogs yet? i think it would work great if you can somewhat keep from to many bends. also when it gets rainy, just pop the fogs in place. i mean with more air being forced in you i would think be getting better mpg and cooling the engine and whatnot. i would really like if someone could do this, thanks. also you could use the mesh material like that c5 z06's use to cover the openings so stuff cant get sucked thru as easy and it would look a bit better.

Last edited by LuxuryDodge; 06-29-2010 at 12:41 PM.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:35 PM
Dans01Durango
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There have been many attempts. I seem to remember there was/is a kit from volant that addresses this issue? It takes the cold air from around the fog light area but not from the opening itself. Yes, there may be more bends to justify not going that route. Besides, with my 4.7 engine, there is barely enough space for whe I did for a cai!.LOL! The thing with my cais is that it's mounted high enough that snow or rain is not an issue in getting into the air box. Besides, I drilled extra holes and am using k&n so the water just slips right off the filter.

Old 06-30-2010, 03:58 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame

Originally Posted by Dans01Durango
There have been many attempts. I seem to remember there was/is a kit from volant that addresses this issue? It takes the cold air from around the fog light area but not from the opening itself. Yes, there may be more bends to justify not going that route. Besides, with my 4.7 engine, there is barely enough space for whe I did for a cai!.LOL! The thing with my cais is that it's mounted high enough that snow or rain is not an issue in getting into the air box. Besides, I drilled extra holes and am using k&n so the water just slips right off the filter.
I must agree!

I have been in hellacious storms in both snow and rain and everything in between and NEVER had an issue with the front set up period. You MUST use a K&N or other type oil filter for this set up!

Quick Reply: Homemade Ram Air!