1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Driver's Window

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 02:51 AM
Bigfoot99
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver's Window

Hi all. Need some help. The driver's side power window gear went FUBAR'd. The motor is fine, but the cables that route through the gear attached to it are all kinked and tangled. I got it all apart and will get new parts as soon as a parts store/dealership has one.

Problem is the cables were so askew that I don't know how they route from the motor through the window track.

I really don't want to take the passenger side door panel off if I don't have to.

Does anyone have a diagram handy or able to scan one in so I can see how it goes.

BTW it's a 2001, 2WD with 4.7L

Old 08-16-2006, 04:40 PM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Driver's Window

It may not be worth to recable the wires back to the spooler. This happened to me on my 92 maxima. It took me all day long to finally figure out how to recable the wires back to the spooler and get it to turn the right way.

Later on, I found out that fixing all those wires was a wasted time as the plastic retainer clip that held the cable in place to the window shaft was busted. Had to get the whole cabling assembly replaced.

There was a website that sells those assemblies. Not sure if they have it for Dodge and it was cheap. Something like $30-$50 bucks without the motor. I'll go see if I can dig up the website, not sure if I even saved that link.

Old 08-17-2006, 04:08 AM
Bigfoot99

Yeah, after more searching, I found that out. Other than NAPA, the only place to get the part in town is the stealership. NAPA $101...stealership $230!!!!! What a ripoff. Problem is, NAPA says 1 week to order and get part in. Man that sucks.

Old 08-17-2006, 02:04 PM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Bigfoot,

Try this website, the prices are very reasonable and they may have it in stock to ship to you right away. Price is only $90 but don't know if S/H is free or not.

http://www.powerupauto.com/JeepParts.html

Old 09-29-2006, 08:44 PM
wagmc

I got a new motor/cable/guide set on Ebay for $100 new. install is a breeze once you realize that you have to lower the window to detach the window clamp, raise it to remove/install the assembly, then down again to re-attach.

Quick Reply: Driver's Window