1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Rear AC help please....2000 Durango SLT

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 03:23 PM
endorfin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear AC help please....2000 Durango SLT

hi all, I am buying a 2000 Durango this week, it is a 2WD SLT. I tried searching on here, but all I see is a lot of questions on the front AC.....the front works fine, but the rear AC does not come on at all. The overhead one, I mean--when I turn the ****, nothing happens. I am just trying to see if this is a known or common issue, and where to look. Other than that, the D is almost flawless--it also has the driver's power seat problem, but I will have that fixed in no time. Drives like a new one, and I have driven a lot of them. This one has the 5.2.

Any thoughts?? First would be to check the switch itself, but I just wanted to get an idea if this was common or not. Is there a separate fuse for the rear air, by any chance??

Old 09-03-2006, 04:29 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Default RE: Rear AC help please....2000 Durango SLT

First check power supply to the switch. Look in the drivers door fuse pannel and there should be a fuse for it. Next I would probably check the motor, and or any resistors.

Old 09-03-2006, 05:05 PM
endorfin

I did not see a fuse for it by the driver's door....is it on a circuit with something else?

Does anyone have a listing of the fuses and what they go to? I checked it out the day before yesterday at the dealership--looked for an owners manual too but there was not one in there. Also, would there be a fuse under the hood for the rear air? Or just inside?

Any help would be appreciated...

Old 09-03-2006, 09:57 PM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am pretty sure that the fuse block cover has all of that information on it. One thing you can do is take a test light to each fuse just to see if any of them are blown or take each one out individually if you don't have a test light and visually inspect each one. (PITA). You also have some fuses on the other side of that fuse block that you have to go up under the dash to get to...

Old 09-04-2006, 02:52 AM
endorfin

thanks mean green--going back there tomorrow to check it out again so I will take a peek up under the dash too. I noticed that the cover listed the fuses but said nothing about the rear air on any of them....maybe there is a cover on the inside ones too, under the dash?? The cover only listed the fuses that I could see with the drivers door open....

Old 09-04-2006, 03:33 AM
Mean Green
Champion

Yeah it's all relays on the other side of the fuse block that is where you also find the flasher relay if you ever have to change that. I took a look in my manual and it's not in there but my manual is also pretty vague and I'm not a big fan of electrical. I have a dakota service manual on my comp but the Dak's don't have rear a/c so that was no help to find anything. I would say make the person pay for that problem before it becomes yours because electrical problems can get expensive really fast without results.

Old 09-04-2006, 02:13 PM
endorfin

yeah, the dealer is offering to pay for it, so that's cool. All in all, a very clean durango, and I got him down to $1400 less than book value...and then, on top of that he is gonna fix the ac! So its a sweet deal. I can tell that he is hoping it is just a switch....actually, so am I--that would mean less for them to have to tear into and I could pick it up sooner.

by the way, does anyone here have a correct fuse box diagram for this truck?

Old 09-04-2006, 03:14 PM
Mean Green
Champion

Should be on your cover that's all we have for diagrams other than that I would suggest buying a manual or downloading the one I put up on here under "free manual" soon the link is good up to the 9th I believe. It is for the 2001 dakota but we hare many of the same components especially the engine and drivetrain.

Quick Reply: Rear AC help please....2000 Durango SLT