1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

???seats???

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 10:54 AM
Jpondo5.9
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ???seats???

Ok all in my 2000 d I have black leather seats.. my parents I believe had a 2001 or 2002 that had heated leather seats in there durango..
this is what I was wondering if there are any heated seat kits I can buy for my D that I can ether have some one put them in or do it my self.. or do you think I could just buy a could black leather heated seats from a 2001 or 2002 model d and swap them out with the ones I have now.

I live in utah and it gets prety nippy.. and geting in my D the other night I was like damn my seats are feeling really cold and I rememerd how much I loved those heated seats .. so please if any of you know where I can check out where I can buy heated seats or kits or anything let me know.. I spent all night trying to find info on it and coudn't(maybe because I am dead tired at work)... thanks tunss JP

Easy riding all [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

[IMG]local://upfiles/37899/FDF98FC49CFE401DB6B5EBBE230B2A50.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-17-2006, 02:09 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default RE: ???seats???

I like the pic J. I'll check that out for ya.

Old 09-17-2006, 09:47 PM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The pic is ok (you need more dirt on her ) but who is that driving?!?! BLEH LOL.

Old 09-18-2006, 03:17 AM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

While you will have to deal with wiring issues (not plug and play since yours has no heat) they should fit and be fine. I have read of folks doing the swap.

IndyD

Old 09-20-2006, 03:04 AM
Jpondo5.9
Professional

me in the pic.. and didn't have to much dirt on the car.. it was very dry up in colorado .. Pluss I have bolding tires on so not the best for traction.. but in about a month I hope to get me some GF alterain TA KO if I can get the cash... I need it before it snows,, And mean Its me in the rango.. my girlfiend took the pic I am not sure what I was thinking.. LOL.. thanks for the replys I was thinking that the wireing would be the tricky part geting the power and custim fab some switches...Jp

Old 09-20-2006, 09:06 PM
Mean Green
Champion

GF who's that? The cheapest I found mine were 125 a piece for 31's I got all 5 done for $625.00 at costco with a great 55k warranty and they'll rotate them for you and keep em aired up with nitrogen (nitrogen has hardly any water molecules in it so even when the tires get hot they still don't expand like o2 filled tires would for a longer tire life, or at least that's what their little brochure told me ). They were by far the cheapest route to go after about a month of shopping around. So as long as you don't plan on putting your tires on your wheels definitely go that route. One more thing about the nitrogen, I have had these tires on for about 6 months now and 2 of them haven't even needed air the other 2 only needed like 2 more psi each.

Old 09-21-2006, 05:09 AM
Jpondo5.9
Professional

GF I think I ment BF lol.. my bad... thats what happends when you work grave yard shifts and you start doing post at 3 am ... I am been searching for some time now do any of you guys out there know where I can buy two front black leather heated seats.. like a web site that sells random spare parts sort of thing.. if you can help that would be great..

and mean (whats you name dude mean sound so well mean,, lol mine is Jeff) I have a place here called Big O tires that have treated my hole family really well even replaced some tires I had slashed on the cerve (not under warrenty) and they gave us two new set of tires.. any ways they are very good at maching prices even if you find it on the internet.. and I found alterain TA KO on line for about 125 and so I will take that add hopefully work some magic.. I am also wanting to get some new wheels like 16 inch black rims.. if I can scap up enough cash

Old 09-21-2006, 02:49 PM
Mean Green
Champion

I'm Mike, Mean Green is my mean green D . I actually asked costco about the accidental damage and they told me that if it breaks we will fix it whether it is user error or not. I wouldn't have bought my tires from them if they didn't cover everything and after all the taxes and everythng I paid like $640.00 out the door. I actually spoke with some guys at big o tires about they price match guarantee or whatever it is and would have gone with them but not even they could match the price they said they would lose too much $ on the deal. The only thing that drives me nuts is the costco is about 10 miles away and in the city that's like driving 20 miles and when I go to that one they are always busy I have asked them to get rid of the air in my tires that I had to add air to and get more nitrogen in them while I'm shopping but it would take them 2 hours to get to it. I guess that's what I get for going to a super busy costco since they are the only costco for miles. I'm also glad that I know how to work on my own car and rotating my tires is nothing. I could only imagine somebody waiting 2-2 1/2 hours for a tire rotation LOL.

Quick Reply: ???seats???