1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Low washer fluid warning light

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2004, 03:20 PM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Low washer fluid warning light

I just recently got the low washer fluid warning light came on. But my fluid reservoir is full. Could this be a bad sensor? If so, I am trying to locate it and test it. Also, is there a secondary possible reservoir somewhere as I have the rear window wiper at the back also or does the front and back shares the main reservoir?

Old 07-17-2004, 09:04 AM
rockadaous
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Low washer fluid warning light

the back has its own.... look on the side of the rear door.

Old 07-17-2004, 03:46 PM
Kensai
Champion

Rockadaous,

Can you give me more descriptions? I looked and looked and don't see any access to the rear reservoir??? Not without having to tear down and remove the plastic trim panels.

Old 07-17-2004, 09:05 PM
Kensai
Champion

Rockadaous,

There is no rear reservoir anywhere in the back. Nothing in the owner's manual that talks about a rear reservoir as well.

Searching thru some other areas in the internet, I found out that both front and rear washers uses the same reservoir located in the engine bay. At least the later models. My Durango is a a 2000 model. Now I have to find out why I am still getting the low washer warning light even tho my reservoir is full.

Anyone else has a low washer fluid indicator on even when your tank is full?

Old 07-17-2004, 10:08 PM
rockadaous
Professional

I have a 99. Mine is on the left side just above the tail light.

Old 07-18-2004, 12:41 AM
Saint
Veteran

They must have changed it after 1999, because my 2001 doesnt have a rear reservoir either, when I was out in the front, I was out in the back, and when I refilled the reservoir the rear worked

Old 07-18-2004, 04:29 AM
JCswm
Veteran

The WW resivour is part of the fan shroud on the passenger side of your truck correct???
on the side of the resivour is a 2 wire plug .... unplug it & see if your light goes out
Let me know what happens please
John

Old 07-19-2004, 04:32 PM
Kensai
Champion

That did it, unplugged the sensor and light went out. Now playing with the sensor, I found out the sensor was upside down! haha, I guessed this as both front and rear pumps, the electrical connections are connected from the top, but the sensor is connected from the bottom. I recently had my water pump replaced from the dealership and my guess is the mechanic must have taken off the radiator shroud to access the pump. When he reassembled the shroud, he must have put the pump connections wrong. don't know how that happen has he must have rotated that sensor 180 degrees before he connected the harness. Anyways, the rubber seal that keeps the sensor in place and also prevents leaks on the take has gone bad problably due to the mechanic twisting that sensor around. Even the sensor itself has came apart!!! I had to use a pair of chopsticks to fish out that other half of the sensor out of the tank!! Waiting from dealership to respond to give me a replacement rubber seal so I can install the sensor back on.

Old 07-20-2004, 01:54 AM
JCswm
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Kensai

That did it, unplugged the sensor and light went out. Now playing with the sensor, I found out the sensor was upside down! haha, I guessed this as both front and rear pumps, the electrical connections are connected from the top, but the sensor is connected from the bottom. I recently had my water pump replaced from the dealership and my guess is the mechanic must have taken off the radiator shroud to access the pump. When he reassembled the shroud, he must have put the pump connections wrong. don't know how that happen has he must have rotated that sensor 180 degrees before he connected the harness. Anyways, the rubber seal that keeps the sensor in place and also prevents leaks on the take has gone bad problably due to the mechanic twisting that sensor around. Even the sensor itself has came apart!!! I had to use a pair of chopsticks to fish out that other half of the sensor out of the tank!! Waiting from dealership to respond to give me a replacement rubber seal so I can install the sensor back on.
That's a first ..... I love it..... I need a pair of chopsticks in my toolbox!!!!
Glad I could help,
John

Quick Reply: Low washer fluid warning light