1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Problem with my tranny

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 03:34 PM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Problem with my tranny

The problem is that when he deals with these trannys he only has one torque converter he goes with so I have to stick with it I'll definitely get him to put in an inline filter though thanks for the suggestion. The warranty company won't cover the radiator, they called me yesterday with the answer. I just need to take AAMCO to court for all of this excessive BS. This is the 15th time they've had it under warranty and it has cost me an extra $1,500 in traveling expenses.

Old 11-01-2006, 08:09 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 227 Likes on 212 Posts

sounds like court is the way to go. thats alot of expenses to tally because of warranty issues.

Old 11-02-2006, 02:05 PM
Mean Green
Champion

Well Joe at AAMCO didn't want me to go with an inline filter because if it did become clogged he said it would cause a restriction. I told him just to make sure the filter had a bypass valve or w/e it's called and that I would be changing it once a year. He still didn't want me to do it but I told him I'd rather have even if it's just for peace of mind since I still have 1,700 miles to go and there was some traveling I wanted to do with it when I get it here.

Old 11-02-2006, 09:30 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame

I could see his point... you could put a manifold on the back side of it and measure the pressure on a guage next to your tranny temp guage... that way if the pressure starts to drop, you know the filter is getting plugged.

BTW, I'm confused as to where the D has been... is it on the east coast or in Reno? <or somewhere in between>

Old 11-05-2006, 02:34 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Ya. You got us totally screwed up on location. I tell you what, if you look at the diagram I gave you it has a internal bypass valve that gives full flow in any event that it gets plugged. I think this guy is an ***![>:] This is why I only go to one person for all my trans issues now and no one else. If you can get it to Salt Lake City, Utah I got someone that can hook you up sooooo good you'll be very happy.

Old 11-06-2006, 09:11 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame

do you have a link to where you shared the diagram? I'm looking to put a tranny filter on in the future... along with the oil bypass kit from amsoil

Old 11-06-2006, 10:06 PM
durango360
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, I tried to contact the guy at fastman.com for a tranny,but i guess he was on vacation. any way, I went to a local shop ( Northeaster Trans) and they hooked me up. Got my D up and running again. In the process I learned that Dodge had put out a bulletin on the return line with a ball check valve to have it replaced. Not sure if everyone else had seen it ( Im sure Im the last one...). Rebuilt tranny 46RE and converter, fluid and install ( paid my buddy $300 to do it since i had to work all week.....) ran me a total of $1700.......not bad i guess....just thought i would drop in my 2 cents for the day

Old 11-08-2006, 07:11 PM
Mean Green
Champion
Default Update

Hey guys sorry for the confusion. My D was in Iowa City, IA and I just got it home last night. He knew what he was talking about as far as getting it fixed right so my ride home went great. I have to go and get the D washed today it is nasty. I even managed to get some shots of the D out on the salt lake at the rest area on 80 right before going into NV (is that legal? I saw someone out there last time I passed and tire tracks are everywhere but when I came off there was a site attendant sitting there watching me)so I'll put those up and get them in the gallery when I get around to it. Yeah Hydra I wanted to check out your guy because I know you're happy with your tranny but it was a little too far for me . If/when I have another issue that requires a rebuild I will be picking up a manual tranny for a Ram (I think it's the nv4500? I could get it for around $1000 wholesale) and a little bit of modding to get everything straight and then I will have probably the first manual D .

Old 11-08-2006, 08:02 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Default RE: Update

glad to hear the trip was un-eventful... there is a state park IIRC on the next exit west of the rest stop... takes you back about 10~15 miles where you can drive on the lake bed. I stopped there once for a stretch but didnt have enough time to take it out there.

Old 11-10-2006, 12:58 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

ORIGINAL: durango360

Hey guys, I tried to contact the guy at fastman.com for a tranny,but i guess he was on vacation. any way, I went to a local shop ( Northeaster Trans) and they hooked me up. Got my D up and running again. In the process I learned that Dodge had put out a bulletin on the return line with a ball check valve to have it replaced. Not sure if everyone else had seen it ( Im sure Im the last one...). Rebuilt tranny 46RE and converter, fluid and install ( paid my buddy $300 to do it since i had to work all week.....) ran me a total of $1700.......not bad i guess....just thought i would drop in my 2 cents for the day
Damn! Not bad I paid $2973 for mine to be custom built.

Quick Reply: Problem with my tranny