Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: lower

this is also why i converted my 4x4 into a 2wd

Old 01-10-2007, 01:29 PM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well the only reason I wouldn't get 4wd is for more power to the wheels but if I wanted a faster ride I would've gotten a Magnum or Charger (or even better the new Challenger [8D]).

Old 01-10-2007, 02:47 PM
HeavyD
Professional

I don't think the 98's had a choice of 2 or 4 wheel,I think theywere all 4-wheel when they first came out. It would be cheaper for him to spend 150 to lower it then have to go out and buy a 2 wheel drive

I don't want to be the same as everyone else. why have a magnum when you can be different. Lot of these people on this fourm seem to have upgrades. The ram Diesel guys add bigger turbos or add chips to go faster, Some people like to raise there truck to do more off roading, Lots of the classic cars have upgrades to. Why did they do it? To personalize it to there liking. Have you ever seen some of the videos of big 4x4 3500 diesel trucks at the track running 11 second in the quarter, That's a lot of power to all four wheels and they didn't need slicks.That's amazing. Why they do it. To be different.

Man this guy comes and ask for a how to do this, and he gets stuff about buying a ricer and you have to get it dirt so you shouldn't lower it. I've had a jeep and got it muddy many times. I also had lots of problems running in mud and water and trail riding. So when I bought this truck I have no intensions to go off roading or getting muddy. At the time 4x4 was OK with me. Then I changed my mine and wanted to do something else, Did I go out and buy a 2 wheel drive? No, because what I had was fine and paid for. We all have the freedom in USA to do what we want. That's what make us different. If we were all the same we wouldn't have aftermarket parts and you wouldn't have any blue lights, or custom ram air. Why did you add a custom ram air if you didn't want to have a little better acceleration or go a little faster. You sort of shot yourself in the foot with going faster with a 4x4

Old 01-10-2007, 02:57 PM
HeavyD
Professional

Oh, this guy is a new member and with the nice post above that's a great way to keep membership here. I think you should have welcomed him instead of calling him a ricer and put him down for asking a questions. That is what a lot of online forums are for HELP and INFO. I didn't join this forum or other to come see bashing when someone need help. If this is the way this forum works, I will move on

Old 01-10-2007, 03:49 PM
MAGIC84
All Star

Heavy, I couldnt agree more my friend, You are right, this is a forum that is supposed to involve constructive, helpful; and honest advice, recommendations, and tips. Some lightgood natured ribbing might be in order on occasion, but not to the point of scaring someone off the thread.This is whatAMERICA is supposed to be about, thats what our Soldiers, Sailors, Marines and Airmen are in harms way is to protect our way of life.One of the parts of this way of lifeis FREEDOM OF CHOICE AND FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION.with that said,I say we start this thread over again, I will begin...........

SAPRANO: Welcome to the forum, I have a 2003 SLT 4X4 4.7L , and although I dont recommend lowering, one of the premises of this forum is supposed to be about FREEDOM OF CHOICE and EXPRESSION. Ido not have experiences with lowering vehicles, but I am sure that there are several members of this forumthat will be glad to help and provide CONSTRUCTIVE and HONEST, advice, and recommendations about this involved procedure. Good luck in your endeavors.

Steve

Old 01-10-2007, 07:05 PM
deerang
All Star

nice rant you guys........I'm pretty sure the Moderator is somewhat informed on the rules of the forum. I'm not tryin to be a smart-***, just saying that was a pretty nice rant.

Old 01-11-2007, 03:11 AM
myns
Rookie

I couldnt agree with u more HEAVYD i only can on here about a week ago if that just to talk with other owners and help with what i knew i didnt really think it was going to be a dedicated site to 4x4s or even keeping things stock if they all did that everyone here would have the same thing

Old 01-11-2007, 03:49 AM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion

I say if ya wanna lower it, then lower it. I was thinkin on lowering mine a while ago too. then reality kicked in and I'm gonna raise it instead.

Old 01-11-2007, 08:20 AM
Mean Green
Champion

Are you done now? Look at my first post and then talk to me again. Yeah that's right I offered helpful advice... On a second note part of the reason for the custom ram air was to get a little better mileage and yes more power but I'm not looking to turn this thing into a road rocket. I don't think that constitutes me shooting myself in the foot. I understand this is America and guess what? I'M PRACTICING MY FREEDOM OF SPEECH!. Got anything else to add?

Old 01-11-2007, 12:59 PM
HeavyD
Professional

To stay on subject,you use axle blocks to lower a truck, look at the picture attached. The rear axle is above the rear leaf springs, The only way to lower it is with a spacer block between the axle and leaf spring. If you want to raise it, you would use shackles that you attach to the rear spring. You adjust the front torsion bars to lower or raise the truck for which ever direction you are going. Here's Djm's part numbers and retail list price. You could find them online cheaper at other retail sites. Welcome to the site.

RK2399-2
1997-2002 Durango 3" Rear Kit

RK2399
1997-2002 Durango 2" Rear Kit

This picture is not showing the lowering blocks, it's only for axle/spring reference

Quick Reply: lower