1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

1st Post!! SLT vs. SLT+

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 02:03 AM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: 1st Post!! SLT vs. SLT+

The '03 Gen1 is the best of the Gen1's. Nice find.

As for the 4.7 vs the 5.9... it's a big brother little brother thing in most forums. Brothers love each other, however the big brother lets the little brother run things on the playground, but he knows whos is really in charge.

5.9L here baby!

IndyDurango

Old 02-09-2007, 05:18 AM
found_fish
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well, got the papers signed today to get this '03 sent down here; should be hereMonday. The other dealership said they would shoot a couple pics for me and email them... I think they sensed my eagerness!

I was checking out your Durango pics; very nice rides you ALL have!! I'll post a pic of this one tomorrow; the dealer up-island sounded a bit ol' skool, so I hope he's got email figured out [:-]

As for the big brother, little brother, that's cool. As long as I get to tear up the sandbox!

cheers...

Old 02-12-2007, 03:39 AM
found_fish

Here are some pics of the 03 SLT+ as previously mentioned. I'm heading back tomorrow to talk numbers..... cheers!

Old 02-12-2007, 04:39 AM
deerang
All Star

looks very clean! good luck with the transaction. Love the chrome grille, gotta pick one up to replace my cracked plastic one.

Old 02-12-2007, 05:16 AM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice looking D! Hows the mileage?

Old 02-12-2007, 06:03 AM
found_fish

90,000 kms or about 56,000 miles. From what I am guessing, its been on the highway a lot. A bit more mileage than what Iwas hoping, but I've seen worse. The interior is nice, charcoal grey leather, tan headliner. The nice bonus is that it has a dvd package in the back with wireless headsets and remote (great for the kids).... and they just stuck new rubber on yesterday morning.

Question, do these SLT+ comewith a factory cd changer? If so, wheremight it be located? Is there anything in particular I should be looking for with a used Durango?The "D-World" isvery new to me...

Old 02-12-2007, 07:05 AM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm pretty sure if you have the cd changer it's in the rear or at least in the second row. As far as what you should look at I'd say check all of the plugs (oil, carbon buildup,or even better normal wear)check your fluids (not just look, touch and smell them. I'd also say if it doesn't have maintenance records make them change all of the fluids for good measure. They should bend over backwards if they know that they are close to sealing the deal. Fill the tank. I would see about any recalls you may have on your D once you get it. I believe it is www.dodge.com where you would go to find recall info. From there you can plug in your VIN to find if you have had the recalls performed. You can also call your local stealer to run the #. Nothing beats free labor.

Old 02-12-2007, 03:06 PM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The 6 disc CD changer is the deck on the dash itself. I think they did not have the separate CD changer anymore on the 03 models.

Old 02-12-2007, 03:45 PM
ganzhimself
Professional

I'm going to do a chrome grille and upper bumper on my 98 when it gets warmer. I guess I'llprobably have the body shop do it at the same time I have them fix the body damage on the driver's side and the rear bumper.

Old 02-12-2007, 05:18 PM
n8ech
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Fish:
Looks like a real nice ride. Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!! If youdid notget the window sticker with it, go to the Dodge home page under customer assistance and send them you VIN requesting a printout of the build sheet. I did and it was rather informative.

So, besides the SLT+, what does she have? Is it PT or FT 4x4? 3.55 or 3.92 gears? And how about the LSD (anti spin) rearend??

Don't you just LOVE the heated leather seats. I think that is the 1 thing my wife like about my 01. I enjoy teasing the kids as they sit in the back on the cold leather while she and I are toasty up front

Oh yeah, does it have the rear heat/air?? Sorry for so many questions but the best thing next to buying a new toy is finding out from someone who did.

Don

Quick Reply: 1st Post!! SLT vs. SLT+