1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

1st Post!! SLT vs. SLT+

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 01:52 AM
found_fish
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1st Post!! SLT vs. SLT+

Hi... yup ran the VIN through CARFAX and didn't see any "red-flag" sort of say. I'll try the Dodge homepage too, just to see what I can find out. We talked #s today and left a deposit. Tomorrow I'm taking it in for an independentinspection for "piece of mind" and hopefully tomorrow night its parked in MY driveway!

Yes, its 2x4, 4x4 hi, 4x4 lo, with 3.55 gears. Separate air/heat controls in the rear with vents for 2nd and third rows. I'm not sure about the LSD.... where would I look to see if it did, and if it does, can I shut it off when desired

Old 02-13-2007, 10:51 AM
deerang
All Star

I don't think it's the limited slip diff you'd want to be "shutting off" to have a little fun. More likely Traction Control, TCS, and I don't think first gens had it, at least mine doesn't.If it has LSD it would be written on the inside of the glovebox.

Old 02-13-2007, 01:01 PM
n8ech
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Fish:
Sounds like a really nice D. I think the inspection you are having done will be money well spent.
Since your D is part time 4x4, then you have the NV233 transfer case like mine does.

Re the LSD: DC calls it "Anti Spin Differential" and like Deerang said you should see a sticker in the bottom portion of your glove box listing information about your D's color, front and rear diff sizes etc. In the event that the sticker is not there, look on the axle tube behind your driver side rear tire and there should also be a label there saying either 9.25 LD open carrier, or 9.25 LD anti spin which means you have it.
Asthe anti spin is a mechanical piece of a hardware, it cannot be turned off.
Since your D has 2wd capability, you should be able to play a little and swing the rear end around a bit if you want to.

We are having snow, ice, and sleet here in Ohio today so the wife took my D to work. She just called to say that the 4wd came in handy on her 4 mile drive.

Don

Old 02-14-2007, 01:26 AM
found_fish

Its Done!! Got the '03 SLT+ in the driveway!!

Getting back to the Anti-Skid Differential, Yes it does have it. I actually have the original window sticker here and I see the options the original owner got on this SLT+ are:

Skid Plates - Fuel Tank, Transfer Case, Front Suspension
Heated Front Seats
Axle - Suspension Differential
Rear Seat Video System prep and DVD player

Just want to say thanks to you ALL for your help with my 1st D!!! I'll grab some better pics of interior/exterior and eventually post an album on here. Have a good one!

Old 02-14-2007, 03:02 AM
deerang
All Star

Congrats!!and welcome to the family.

Old 02-14-2007, 10:43 AM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you have no use for those skids I'll take them off your hands for ya that will give you a little extra weight savings.

Quick Reply: 1st Post!! SLT vs. SLT+