1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

New Tires

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 10:20 PM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: New Tires

I have used nothing but BF Goodrich All Terrain tires on my Toyota 4x4. 31x10.5 also. Tried others, but this BF Goodrich is so far, one of the quietest tire for all on/off road applications. On my Durango R/T's, I thru out those badyears and put on BF Goodrich Comp T/A's. The comp T/A's have a better wet tread design over goodyear's for the R/T's.

Old 09-04-2004, 03:11 AM
Lianimal
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, anyone running Firestone Destination LE's?
My mechanic recommended them as a less expensive option to the Michelins.
When I checked tirerack, I couldn't believe the rating.

Old 09-06-2004, 02:20 AM
AndrewH
Rookie

I have been getting really good luck on my Goodyear Eagle GT II. I've had two different sets on two different vehicles and never had a problem, plus they have great wet and dry traction (but they were installed on my trucks, so may perform different on SUV). I currently have the Goodyear Eagle LS (255/65/R16, 29.1 inches) on my 2002 SLT+ and love the wet and dry traction, plus very low road noisy on all mentioned.

Old 09-30-2004, 01:26 AM
daquinkin

hey, i may be too late, but i have a 99 Durango and just put a set of Yokohama Geolander H/T-S (G051)s and there awsome. i need a quiet tire too and have gone through the factory wrangler's, another style of wranglers and even the michelins and will not go back from the Yokohama....it's daylight and dark. BTW, there a better tire for almost less money!! you can also checkout www.tirerack.com and compare them with others for you model

Quick Reply: New Tires