1st Gen Intrepid 1993 through 1997 Intrepids

Transmission speedo input sensor intrepid 95?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 02:53 PM
fonzy35
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission speedo input sensor intrepid 95?

I got 1995 intrepid V6 3.5l
The guy who had it before I bought it from my friends, had put a new transmission in it,,
I drive it (accelerating) on the highway, the car change gear from 1, 2, 3 and 4... Nicely
It's went I slow down arriving at a stop from 30Km the Speedo drop to 25km and I heard a drop down shift (chunk) in the transmission, like it didn't down shift smoothly..
I have try it in town, I think I had it in 3 gear or 2 second gear, same thing the shift down to one gear wasn't smooth(chunk) Speedo drop to from about 25km to 20km..
I was wondering if it could be the Speedo input sensor?

Old 10-04-2010, 11:16 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Yes it could be, BUT there are a number of things that will put the car in Limp-In mode which is what you're experiencing. You need to pull codes on it. If you replace the Input do the Output with it. I can tell you from ecperience the one that is not bad won't be far behind.

Old 10-05-2010, 08:52 PM
fonzy35

Originally Posted by TNtech
Yes it could be, BUT there are a number of things that will put the car in Limp-In mode which is what you're experiencing. You need to pull codes on it. If you replace the Input do the Output with it. I can tell you from ecperience the one that is not bad won't be far behind.
Thanks again I'll do..
I found a set on ebay
$15 set(input and output) plus $10 shipping

Old 10-29-2011, 10:09 AM
stlrj
Amateur

Did the speed sensors work?

Old 10-29-2011, 12:59 PM
fonzy35

Originally Posted by stlrj
Did the speed sensors work?
Nah, I junked the car the week before Christmas, but the car had a lot of problem, they were splice on almost every wire, probably one share grounded 5v sensor , fock it up for the others sensor, plus we had a thunder storm rain 2 week before Christmas, i hit stream of water on the street and shorted out the PCM, again a lot of splice around the PCM wire..

Anyway nice car, smooth ride, but not reliable.

It was my first and last intrepid..

Old 10-31-2011, 08:14 AM
stlrj
Amateur

Too bad. Sorry to hear of all your problems. Reason I asked, my newly bought 95 Concord (3.3) is doing the same thing and I did replace the input speed sensor yesterday but it still goes into limp mode.

Next I plan on replacing the valve body/solenoid pack. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Cheers,

Joe

Old 10-31-2011, 09:35 PM
stlrj
Amateur

Originally Posted by stlrj
Next I plan on replacing the valve body/solenoid pack. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Update.

I replaced the valve body/solenoid pack this morning, drove it all morning and about two and a half hours later it went into limp mode. I restarted the engine, transmission went back to normal and it's been running fine all afternoon. Knock on wood!

I'll keep driving it the rest of the week and see what happens.

Quick Reply: Transmission speedo input sensor intrepid 95?