1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

What I have decided.

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 12:10 AM
BadBrads97Neon
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What I have decided.

Ok so Im sittin here thinkin to myself. I wanna do a engine swap, but to what. A 2.4L? SRT-4? So I started looking around at info on the SRT-4 swap, not to say I havent for a few weeks now, and realized that I am going to do my mtx swap next month, buy some SRT-4 rims and put my exhaust and body kit on, and then hold off on any mods. I think if I continue working all through the summer and then winter break I should be good to go with buying a wrecked SRT-4 by next spring break. Yes I know thats like a year to go, but in my mind that is a year of me, a college student(full time might I ad) to work and save. I know it will be hard as hell but I think it will definatly be worth it and it will give me something to look forward to. I guess this thread is for tips on the swap, links to swap "how to's", your opinion in if I should go with a 2.4 instead. Whatever the hell you want I guess. The more help on finding info and how to swap would be greatly appreciated. I have only ever seen engine swaps done, never actually did them. Thanks

Old 04-06-2007, 10:04 AM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What I have decided.

atleast if you just go the 2.4 route then you dont have to rewire the whole car....unlike the srt swap
im personally not one for swapping different types motors....just replacement ones......i would rather build what the car has in it alredy.....but thats just me

Old 04-06-2007, 01:19 PM
ohioguru
Veteran

savin is the way to go....it took me 2 years of it but im still in high school and i have the car id always wanted

Old 04-06-2007, 05:25 PM
rrwertz
Professional

2.4 block, srt internals. ported pt head, crower stage 3's
cheap- srt turbo, intercooler
not cheap- good turbo, better intercooler
I'd still run megasquirt.

Old 04-08-2007, 01:44 AM
juggalopanther1

Save, Save, Save, It's not eazy. especialy if you have kids like me. But look at me if I can do it, anybody can. I have a 95 neon, lambo doors, complete turbo kit, flip flop trunk, sucide hood, shave door handles. 18" spinners, racing seats. Just about everything. I'm now thinking about flame kit, gas cap mod, and nitrous. I been doing my neon for about 3 years now.

Old 04-08-2007, 05:16 AM
Dazzellerr
Veteran

ORIGINAL: spudsterier

atleast if you just go the 2.4 route then you dont have to rewire the whole car....unlike the srt swap
im personally not one for swapping different types motors....just replacement ones......i would rather build what the car has in it alredy.....but thats just me
your not alone

Old 04-08-2007, 01:40 PM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it just seems that motor swaps are "the thing to do" anymore.....im gonna be original and use the motor that came in my car

Old 04-08-2007, 09:19 PM
BadBrads97Neon
All Star

Hmm... I went out of town this weekend and talked to some friends and my parents and they and as do I think that the 2.4L with SRT4 internals would be cheaper and just as fast if I slap a SRT4 turbo on there. Yes I know, Its not slap it on there but you get what I mean. So yeah I think I am just gonna go my original route. Save, save and save and maybe do they swap over christmas break so I can have the extra money to buy the turbo kit and etc. Just cause I can get the 2.4 engine and the srt internals for all a nice price, thanks to car-parts.com and srtforums.com. Should I get the head bored to .20 over? Would I have to with the srt internals? What else can I do while the engine is out of the car to help the performance? Like I said I want alot of power from the motor and then the rest from the turbo and ic. I plan on gettin a bigger TB and have a new exhaust so what could I do to the actual engine to get some power. I want to get as much as I can. Money is not really an issue because I work all the time so there is always some coming in. Thanks

Quick Reply: What I have decided.