1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Help Neon is dead!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 09:42 PM
autoguru77
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help Neon is dead!!!

you said if you use either it tries to start?

Old 06-14-2007, 10:05 PM
autoguru77

First, If you turn the key on and the mil (check eng light) doesn't come on then the pcm is either not getting power or a ground (or it could be a bad pcm-not likely though).

TO EVERYONE: WARNING I HAVE FIXED APPROXIMATELY 2 VEHICLES IN THE PAST 10 YEARS BY REPLACING THE PCM.
PCM's do not typically go bad. Something takes them out. It is very important that if you replace a pcm that you check the powers and grounds. If you have a bad pcm and just replace it without checking it, you will probably make junk out of it!

In your case, check pin 11(red wire w/white stripe)at the pcm it should have battery voltage all the time.Next check pin 54 light green wire w/black stripe should have battery voltage (12.5v) with the key on or when starting. pins 2,22, and 52 are grounds. These checks can be made with a voltmeter or a simple test light.

NEVER USE A TEST LIGHT TO CHECK CIRCUITS WITH THE PCM PLUGGED IN.
If you don't have the equipment or patience to check these items you will have to find someone who can. hope this helps!

Old 06-14-2007, 11:32 PM
chastity

I have checked all of the fuses. there are none that are blown. we have power going to the pcm but nothing coming out of it. therefore we are not getting spark or fuel there is however fuel at the rail i have checked that my self. but I will check the wiring again.

The car does crank but does not turn over. I think im going to kill the battery from trying to start it. someone else told me it could be a broke wire but I have no idea where to look.

anyone have an Idea?
Thanks

Old 06-15-2007, 12:13 AM
chastity

pin 11(red wire w/white stripe)at the pcm has power

Pin 54 has power when the key is on

pins 2,22, and 52 Are all Grounded

but something is not talking to anything else.

Thanks,

Old 06-19-2007, 05:15 PM
autoguru77

you have an issue with the ASD relay. I would swap it out with another relay under the hood with the same part #. If it still will not start then check for power at pin 42 dark green/orange wire with pcm plugged in and while cranking. This will tell you if the ASD relay is working. If you don't have power at pin 42 while cranking then something is keeping the ASD from energizing.

Old 06-19-2007, 10:11 PM
neon_leon

did u replace ur crank sensor? that will keep it from sparking it is on the rear of the motor close to the drain plug.

Old 06-21-2007, 12:40 AM
chastity

ok here is the update We changed the Cam Sensor Same issue.
Then we changed the Crank Sensor but the plug did not match up so we spliced the wires and then WHAM it started up 2x's Then when I pulled it down off the ramps and turned it off it didnt start again.
I think it is still the crank sensor as we did not insulate the wires between the splices and I think they touched and messed up the sensor. But what do I know I am a girl HAHAHA. But i went and bought another sensor and the connector plug that the parts store said over the weekend that they did not have. and Now I am going to put it in but I can not remeber what wire goes where. So here is my ???

Does it matter if I mix them up? or can someone tell me the oder of the wires?

I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Old 06-21-2007, 06:39 PM
neon_leon

no they have to be a color matched. I ok explain it best I can. ok your under the car looking at the plug it goes left to right Tan/Black, Black/Blue, Orange. hope that helps that is a SOHC from my 97 IDK if it is the same as the 95 but I tried if you dont have the same color Ill find it somewere in my book for ya.

Old 06-29-2007, 11:01 AM
chastity

Question the Tan/Black Black/Blue and Orange they are all going to the Cam sensor Right??
There are 3 wires on the Crank Sensor I need to know where those connect.
as EXCUSE The Remark meant totally for the MEN that worked on my car! DUMB ***'s Cut the wires sooooo close to the plug you can not tell what wire goes where. Perhaps I should have done all of the work. then it prob would have been running by now. :> Now they are saying that it's the PCM I dont think that is it I think they screwed up the wiring at the crank sensor and it is messed up.
Not to mention they all say i should just junk the car But I love it so that it not an option I will fix it if I have to do it myself.
Thanks all for listening I needed to rant somewhere cause I cant do it to my kids.

ORIGINAL: neon_leon

no they have to be a color matched. I ok explain it best I can. ok your under the car looking at the plug it goes left to right Tan/Black, Black/Blue, Orange. hope that helps that is a SOHC from my 97 IDK if it is the same as the 95 but I tried if you dont have the same color Ill find it somewere in my book for ya.

Quick Reply: Help Neon is dead!!!