1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

I need help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 03:15 AM
Ms. Endres
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need help!

I just bought a 1999 Dodge Neon. It was my graduation present, I just graduated from High School. I don't even have my license yet,but I've been working full time to fix up my car. It is in pretty good shape besides some cosmetic things. It was broken into and the deck was stolen. When I got the car, There was no deck, no kit, nothing, just wires hanging out, there wasnt even a harness. So I went to Best Buy and bought everything I needed to replace the stereo. A friend of mine (who was installed radios before) offered to install it for me. But after he found out (somewhere online) what all the colored cables went to, he ran into a problem. The A/C cable (or assesory cable) had NO power going through it. We checked the fuses, and they were fine. So my question is, why isn't this cable working? It was working before the car was broken into....
Could it be blown and where (what kind of places) can I take it to, to be fixed for not too much money. I spent my whole paycheck on this deck and assesories, so I can't do anything for two weeks, but I'd like to take it somewhere soon, so I can get an estimate of how much money I am spending on this.
If you have any information, It will be appreciated VERY much. Thanks so much!
-Casaundra

Old 07-01-2007, 06:37 PM
NYG
Veteran
Default RE: I need help!

Yuke - I had electrical problem - mechanical are so much easier to trouble shoot & generally to fix - unless it is just a fuse

I believe you must have the Ignition Key in the on position to get power to the assesory cable - was the key on?

You did good by checking the fuses - make sure the wires where not broken or cut or damage from the fuse box to your new deck

Old 07-01-2007, 06:50 PM
DOHCgarrett t3
Record Breaker
Default RE: I need help!

check the fuses again, and make sure the key is on. maybe check for power at the fuse location too if its good then you know your problem lies from the fuse box to the radio in that wire somewhere