1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

fresh motor pics

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 08:35 AM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: fresh motor pics

Did you figure out the Hahn Map clamp question you asked me?

Old 07-12-2007, 11:57 AM
rrwertz
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sponsered by the guys at moparsupercenter.com if anyone needs anything. I picked up turbo oil and coolent lines today cheaper new than I could have found them used. I'm also picking up a srt oil pan as it's cheaper than having somone weld an oil drain in.

Old 07-12-2007, 01:30 PM
spudsterier
Legend

for my oil drain i just drilled a hole in upper corner of the pan above the drain plug.....threaded it...and then srewed a hose fitting in it..works great.

no das, i havent figured out the wiring.....i was actually waiting for you to get back to me
but i think i will just email hahnracecraft and ask them

huh, i just tried to call hahn to ask abotu the map clamp and i have to call back later....but i noticed on the web site that they now do dynotuning for $125 an hour...looks like i might have to make a trip there in the next week or so

Old 07-12-2007, 01:36 PM
mmench
Captain

woot.. just got my agp wga in! like 5 sec ago. rrwertz how much can you get them oil lines for.? i would be interested in one a feed and rutern line.

Old 07-12-2007, 01:55 PM
das2123
Legend

ORIGINAL: spudsterier
no das, i havent figured out the wiring.....i was actually waiting for you to get back to me
but i think i will just email hahnracecraft and ask them
I just sent my buddy a PM.

Old 07-12-2007, 04:55 PM
spudsterier
Legend

well i called hahn nd they were being asses like usual and didnt want to tell me anything because i didnt have a reciept for the map clamp.....but after about 20 minuites on hold, the couldnt tell me the wire colors, but could only give me the pin locations in the wire harness[&:]

Old 07-12-2007, 06:00 PM
kris95neonspt
Professional

Why didn't you use a missing link instead? Are the map clamps alot better in tricking the map sensor then the missing link i'm curious to know b/c i was just going to use a missing link on mine. Also spud can you pm some pics of that braided line so i can see how you mounted it on the top of the turbo? I really like how your motor is comeing along i should be sending my one that spun a crank bearing out at the end of this month. So i can start my srt turbo build.

Old 07-12-2007, 09:48 PM
mmench
Captain

http://www.racingworks.com/missinglink.htm what does a missing link do anyway? raise the map sensor out of the manifold some so that boost doesnt blow past it?

Old 07-13-2007, 07:16 AM
spudsterier
Legend

ORIGINAL: mmench
what does a missing link do anyway? raise the map sensor out of the manifold some so that boost doesnt blow past it?
basically....
a map clamp or fuel mapper is used to maintain a constant voltage......when the map sensor reaches a certain voltage, it cuts the fuel....well the map clamp sets the highest voltage right below the fuel cutout voltage....therefor you eliminate the fuel cutout, and can add boost

kris, i can send you pics of the line, but they wont be big enough in a pm, so gimme your email address and i will send them there...

i had the motor redy to drop in the car last nite, but i found out that the tranny wouldnt go through the gears, so i had to rip it all apart and found out that when i put the tranny together after installing the LSD, i jammed one of the shifting rods.....so, i had to rip apart another tranny to get the parts i needed...so.. the tranny is back together and redy to get bolted back on the motor....then in an hour or so when the wife gets home from work we are gonna drop it in the car

Old 07-13-2007, 08:39 AM
das2123
Legend

ORIGINAL: spudsterier

well i called hahn nd they were being asses like usual and didnt want to tell me anything because i didnt have a reciept for the map clamp.....but after about 20 minuites on hold, the couldnt tell me the wire colors, but could only give me the pin locations in the wire harness[&:]
My buddy is going to take a look at his wiring and get back to me.

Quick Reply: fresh motor pics