1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Lets hear them stories, 1st Gen Neons

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 03:27 AM
Dr_KY
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lets hear them stories, 1st Gen Neons

Alrite im back for some of these super car storys.

Old 09-02-2007, 04:31 PM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker

i raced a huge truck the other day.. ok this truck was following for like 2 miles and he had straight pipes on and he kept slaming on the gas and shooting passed me so i decided the next time he does it that im gonna drop it into third and get on it. and so i did.. and the truck ate his *** at this race haha he was trying to pass me but could not and it was so f-ing loud cuz just normaly straight pipes are loud well i saw a copcome driveing down this huge as hill so i through on my blinker and slowed way the hell down and turned well the truck didnt see him till the cop was about 5 feet away and the guy in the truck layed on his breaks so hard that it sounded likehe blewhis tires... haha.. but i guess in montana if you at the correct speed by the time the cop passes you then they cant do**** cuz the cop sloweddown but never turned around but im sure the guy inthe truck was ****ting himself...lol

not sure what the truck was but it could have easalyof ran over my neon..

Old 09-07-2007, 10:59 AM
Aerorat
All Star

where have you been dr_ky haven't seen ya in awhile

Old 09-07-2007, 10:43 PM
expresso

I have a few stories, one day i had just washed my car and a jeep cherokee pulled up next to me, with some kids from my college. They seemed to think it was funny that i had a neon. I shifted into neutral and showed the how loud my exhaust was to give them a show, and it only seemed to make them think it was funnier. So when the light turned green i slammed into first and i saw smoke come up by my windows, dont ask me how because i was shocked myself, i am thinking it was because my tires were still wet and it was 90 degrees out. When i went past them shortly after the passenger stuck his hand out the window and gave me a thumbs up. I have raced a few trucks and of course the weight has played a huge factor and every one of them lost. I pulled up to a ford lightening one day and decided not to even bother. Lately i have been racing a few older guys in their brand new bmw's or audi's. One was a Audi A4 TT and it wasmy co-worker, i stayed about 2 cars lengths behind him but i think on a straight he could have easily gotten me. The bmw i raced was a m3 brand new with temp. plates. Again I lost but as long as i stick to the same class of cars i can smoke 80% of the people i race. I noticed you guys were talking about drifting, i do autocross and am certified if that means anything these days(basically i did a training course with a instructor and passed), iknow first hand ifyou can drift. Iam also in the processof getting new tires this week due to such activitys lol.

Old 09-07-2007, 11:15 PM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's called oversteering and you will not be able to hold a long, continuous sideways drift around a sweeping corner with a front-wheel-drive car like you can with a rear-wheel-drive vehicle.

Old 09-08-2007, 12:04 AM
Leonheart17240
Veteran

ORIGINAL: das2123

It's called oversteering and you will not be able to hold a long, continuous sideways drift around a sweeping corner with a front-wheel-drive car like you can with a rear-wheel-drive vehicle.
im with him^

Old 09-08-2007, 01:02 AM
95neonriceeater
Record Breaker

x3

Old 09-08-2007, 02:20 AM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker

hahahaha i race a newer model pontiac trans am tonight it was like the one off of "bullrun" but it was black.. well first off i was trying to line up with him and he just zoomed passed so then i caught up to him and we both line up and we went i stayed up with him pretty well but im 100% sure he wasnt actually raceing cuz its a trans am and my neon was keeping up with it...

but it was still pretty cool to race a trans am even if he wasnt actually raceing maybe he was just seeing what my car actually had... idk

BUT IT WAS COOL

Old 09-08-2007, 09:09 AM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker

i tried to find that stats on the TRANS AM but could not find it on edmunds.com so were else do you guys go to get car reviews with the Hp and torque stats?

Old 09-09-2007, 02:16 PM
Aerorat
All Star

Kind of feel bad about this story. But last night my wife and I were heading to my buddies house and on the way we passed a 50's like resturant. A guy in a nice gen2 neon was turning into the resturant and his buddy in front for him stopped(also a gen2). The guy in the gen2 was looking at my car and hit his buddies

Quick Reply: Lets hear them stories, 1st Gen Neons