Lets hear them stories, 1st Gen Neons

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 02:51 PM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lets hear them stories, 1st Gen Neons

quote from DR_Ky

I'm new around here so please excuse my ignorance.

What is it you have in your car, (all the numbers ie. specs would be nice) that inabled you to toss a Saleen ? Are you awareof what the the 500 you saw on the rear of itmeans?

Old 07-19-2007, 03:14 PM
Dr_KY
Professional

Boxer- Is he havingpeek at googlefor it or something? lol

Old 07-19-2007, 03:22 PM
Aerorat
All Star

ORIGINAL: Dr_KY

ORIGINAL: Aerorat

Lets try this once more. Any kind of store. Speak out
Here is two of my best

The other day I had a black orange saleen more or less get in my way on the interstate. He was going about 7 -10 miles hour under the speed limit "cause of the car in front of him when I went to go around him he jumps out in front of me.(first time ok) After he got around the car he gets back over then decides to jump back in front of me to go around the next set of cars (now I am gettingpissed) He then goes around them and never gets back over so I change lanes. Then he get back in front of me as go to step on the gas.(now just plan mad) I look back jump in the hammer lane zoom pass him. As I do I can here him romping on his gas.I level him in the dust.Two miles down the interstate and about a mile from the interstate near my home I stop to get a drink and some gas. After pumping and paying for my gas (empty tank to filling it all the up) he pulls in the parking lot and ask what in the hell do you have in that thing. So now that I have com down and realizing what I just did I am nice and popped the hood. He ask how did I cram that motor in there. I just said with a lot work and now you might just think before you jump out in front of a little helpless neon because it may just kick your V8 butt.
Don't want no one to think i am a street racer but is nice to have the power to put someone to same when I can.
Anybody got some stories lets hear'em and lets keep'em truthful

My wifetold me that i should post this one on my own post. I didn't think of it really.The other night my wife and I was on the way home and a car flies up on me from behind @ first I thought it was a cop, But then I could see the headlights and knew it wasn't a cop. My wife said out run this car. So I get on the gas a little and get it up to 75 MPH. He then get so close to my bumper I couldn't see his headlights.He then gets besides me and it is a Mercedes-Benz SL(@ the time I wasn't sure if it was a 500(nonturbo) or 600(turbo).Wife said go. I floored it, looked into the rearveiw and themheadlights were fading fastandthe next thing I know I am running over 140 MPH. I pulled off on an exit and waited. Set there for two minutes and he comes fling by an own down the interstate. About two weeks later a guy walks up to my car as I am getting out of it and asked me about racing a car on the interstate late one night. Kind of nervous I said yes. He says that there was no way I out ran him. I told him we could race them again. He said he is not going to be embarassed like that again. When he walked away to get into his car I looked on the back of the car and it was the 500 (nonturbo). I get home and look it up in the net and it is a $64000.00 car and I blew it away with a car that I have less than $5000.00 in.

What is it you have in your car, (all the numbers ie. specs would be nice) that inabled you to toss a Saleen ?
I have done a srt4 engine and trans plus lighter carbon fiber parts

Are you awareof what the the 500 you saw on the rearmeans?
[/quote] Yes, I explained that the SL500 is nonturbo the SL600 is turbo

Old 07-19-2007, 03:26 PM
Aerorat
All Star

ORIGINAL: Dr_KY

Lets try this once more. Any kind of store. Speak out
Here is two of my best

The other day I had a black orange saleen more or less get in my way on the interstate. He was going about 7 -10 miles hour under the speed limit "cause of the car in front of him when I went to go around him he jumps out in front of me.(first time ok) After he got around the car he gets back over then decides to jump back in front of me to go around the next set of cars (now I am gettingpissed) He then goes around them and never gets back over so I change lanes. Then he get back in front of me as go to step on the gas.(now just plan mad) I look back jump in the hammer lane zoom pass him. As I do I can here him romping on his gas.I level him in the dust.Two miles down the interstate and about a mile from the interstate near my home I stop to get a drink and some gas. After pumping and paying for my gas (empty tank to filling it all the up) he pulls in the parking lot and ask what in the hell do you have in that thing. So now that I have com down and realizing what I just did I am nice and popped the hood. He ask how did I cram that motor in there. I just said with a lot work and now you might just think before you jump out in front of a little helpless neon because it may just kick your V8 butt.
Don't want no one to think i am a street racer but is nice to have the power to put someone to same when I can.
Anybody got some stories lets hear'em and lets keep'em truthful

My wifetold me that i should post this one on my own post. I didn't think of it really.The other night my wife and I was on the way home and a car flies up on me from behind @ first I thought it was a cop, But then I could see the headlights and knew it wasn't a cop. My wife said out run this car. So I get on the gas a little and get it up to 75 MPH. He then get so close to my bumper I couldn't see his headlights.He then gets besides me and it is a Mercedes-Benz SL(@ the time I wasn't sure if it was a 500(nonturbo) or 600(turbo).Wife said go. I floored it, looked into the rearveiw and themheadlights were fading fastandthe next thing I know I am running over 140 MPH. I pulled off on an exit and waited. Set there for two minutes and he comes fling by an own down the interstate. About two weeks later a guy walks up to my car as I am getting out of it and asked me about racing a car on the interstate late one night. Kind of nervous I said yes. He says that there was no way I out ran him. I told him we could race them again. He said he is not going to be embarassed like that again. When he walked away to get into his car I looked on the back of the car and it was the 500 (nonturbo). I get home and look it up in the net and it is a $64000.00 car and I blew it away with a car that I have less than $5000.00 in.

What is it you have in your car, (all the numbers ie. specs would be nice) that inabled you to toss a Saleen ?

Are you awareof what the the 500 you saw on the rearmeans?
I have done a srt 4 engine and trans swap plus lighter carbon fiber parts
I explain that but the SL500 is a nonturbo and the SL600 has a turbo
Has far as the specs I have never had it dinoed or nothing yet.

Old 07-19-2007, 04:40 PM
Leonheart17240
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Leonheart17240

dude wtf do we start a new one of these every day???
Hey man if you don't care for it don't look in to it. And this one only makes the third one the first was moved and the second was deleted.The moderator told how to keep it in here. If you don't want to be involved with this post click one the remove subscription
ummm dude i love to read storys of neons kicking ***, but jut thought it was funny that it keeps dieing and comeing back.... you dont have to get pissy

Old 07-19-2007, 04:53 PM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man there sure is alot of hostility in here
i have plenty of street racing stories....i just dont feel like typing them anymore[&:]
its ok though, soon i hope to have plenty of stories about my r/t wasting 1st gen srt swapped neons

Old 07-19-2007, 04:55 PM
Aerorat
All Star

dude wtf do we start a new one of these every day???
Hey man if you don't care for it don't look in to it. And this one only makes the third one the first was moved and the second was deleted.The moderator told how to keep it in here. If you don't want to be involved with this post click one the remove subscription
ummm dude i love to read storys of neons kicking ***, but jut thought it was funny that it keeps dieing and comeing back.... you dont have to get pissy
Not pissed. Just the moderator over this forum moved my first post to street and strip. If I wanted to here the all the other mopar drivers that is where I would of put it. So then I make another. He deletes it and told me to put lets hear them stories 1st gen neons. Then racerx55 gets mad at me because as soon as he post his going around in circles for 10 laps thats when the moderator deletes it instead of just posting here.
I apologize for sounding to snappy

Old 07-19-2007, 05:13 PM
Aerorat
All Star

ORIGINAL: spudsterier

man there sure is alot of hostility in here
i have plenty of street racing stories....i just dont feel like typing them anymore[&:]
its ok though, soon i hope to have plenty of stories about my r/t wasting 1st gen srt swapped neons
Lets go when you ready
Ifwe didn't live so far apart I would do it
Strip, Street, or we can go in 10 circles up to you or we can just do them all

And as for your other stories tell them when you get a chance don't have to be all at one time. I have plenty more myself.
And everyone that has gen1 neon story weather it is racing, mod, interior, exterior, or even found easier way of doing something to a car

Old 07-19-2007, 07:28 PM
Aerorat
All Star

So lets getback at what this post was for

Old 07-19-2007, 07:40 PM
rtneon67
Professional

my favorite story is from when i lived back in maryland. my buddy just got his 91 accord and swear up and down he could take my car. so he called me out one time in front of like 20 people. i handed his *** to him twice that night. in front of like all honda guys. with a stock r/t and he had a lightly moded accord.

i also whiped him in is hatch when he first got it. i would let him get the jump and all. i would hit 3rd gear and just wave by to him everytime.

Quick Reply: Lets hear them stories, 1st Gen Neons