1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Lets hear them stories, 1st Gen Neons

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 01:52 AM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lets hear them stories, 1st Gen Neons

i raced my friends crx today with a better motor in it(not vtech but its the step lower) well hes got headers and cai, performance plugs, exhaust and maybe more . and not to mention the weight differance of his car to mine.. but my car actually kept up with it we didnt get to high enouph speeds to see who was gonna take it in the top end but my car was no sloutch.. it raced its ***** out

im proud of my car with a stock mildly performed engine keeping up with a crx .. there is another crx in my town but im pretty sure its faster but it has the same engine and same performance parts i believe..

Old 11-04-2007, 01:57 AM
95to96transplantneon
Record Breaker

it probally had the d15 or the d16in it thats an easy race for a festiva. lol but good job anywho. Hell its windier then hell here in great falls I wouldent want to race in this crap...

Old 11-04-2007, 02:19 AM
estneon
Record Breaker

i raced onece in a wind / rain storm we hit some hi speeds too it was a bitch to keep on the road. we where testing my friends new wrx(stock)and his friends old 3000gt(highly modded twin turbo). i got the drive the wrx the second run. i don't recomed racing in bad weather. the winner was the 3000gt the first run it was going 143mph and the wrx was going 130mph...my run with the wrx was sad i chicked out at 120. i can't wait for it too rain again i now love racing in the rain its funner then hell....i do it safelymeaning that i don't let some one else get hurt.

Old 11-04-2007, 02:23 AM
95to96transplantneon
Record Breaker

heres another story for ya...

So theres this kid here in great falls montana, (belive it or not we have tons of modded cars due to the air force base) that has a SVT Focus. named magic I will include a pic at the bottom. Pretty much a midgit. lol. Anywho he is one of those kids that no matter what you suggest he allways has a story about hes going to spend 10 grand next year for this and that and hasent had a job for 6 months and has a 9month old kid.And then will sit in the lot everyone hangs out in and rev his motor all night "trying to figure out his g tech" (Isware after allmost a year hestill dont have thatthing set) you know the type. Anyways, lucky for me he will race anyone in any car and talk smack the whole time. For some reason he would not race me for the longest time. hell he would race this 11 sec evo 10 times a night and get absolutely wasted every time. Kept saying oh he will run out of spray sooner or later. lol. no spray...just an 11 sec car. but for some reason he wouldent race me. always had an exuse, "oh my kids with me" is his fav. so one night I broght my wife up with her car and told him my wife would watch him in her car while we go play. Well he fell for it. So we go up behind the airforce base. (just where we race) has where a neighborhood was going to go but the land ended up being owned by the base so no houses went up. street lights and everything just no houses. Turns out just a damn good place to drag. Safe, no other cars, and the cops don't care at all hell the MP's will shut down the entrance roads for us just to watch some nights in the summer. So we head out there with like 20 to 25 other cars and get everything lined up and we did our burn outs and got re-set. I knew he had me in the hp, close on the tq, I had him in acceleration and weight and rev limiter. So we take off and its all him in first gear, hit second and took it close to red line and cought mostly up hit third and pulled slightly ahead and as my front bumper pasted his he let off. We get back to the line and he said his cell rang and scared him. So I told him to get back on the line and give his cell to his "baby's momma". So we line back up, took off and I held 1st a little longer grabbed second and I notic hes not taking his rev's any where near race levels so I tear past him right as I was getting to the top of my second gear. I get pissed and get back to the line, this time his g tech wasent working right. I get out of my car and rip it off his windshield and said " look you dont need this damn thing to race it just annoys everyone up at the lot" he said "but I wont have a shift light" I responded with a "tough ****" so we get back in and line up and I told him that this was going to be the last race and there was to be no exuses becuase I knew he would go back to the lot and bitch that he got beat by a neon and then look under his hood and "find something wrong" so we take off I get threw first and second grab third caught up at 4500 rpm and finished about a half a car lenth in front of him. We all drive back up to the lot and he like i thought popped his hood and said his shifter cables were sticking and everyone pretty much told him he lost fair and square. And he had the ***** to say "hey its a neon, it probally has spray." lol Dont get me wrong Magic is a good guy and friend but damn some people just need to learn to deal with it and learn how to drive. lol. Any ways thats my story about magic and winning against a SVT with a midget driver that doesent know how to drive.

Heres the pics i promised...

[IMG]local://upfiles/61619/09E589FA92354134B1BA50140D760205.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-04-2007, 02:45 AM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker

lol great story... i raced a grand prix ss the other day it was pretty even but i had 3 people in my car and he was the only one in his,, but i shifted out of second to late so we stayed at the same positions the whole time but before my car started to pick up speed in the higher rpms in 3rd he slowed down but i think if it would of gone longer then i would of had him by atleast a little bit.. i kinda hate this Tb spacer becuz everyone thinks im running a turbo so there prolly thinking wow i just kept up with a car with a turbo stupid neive people

great falls hmm ill have to see if ill be passing through there on the way to SandSprings Ok i dont think i do... nope i dont i got to missoula then to butte

Old 11-04-2007, 03:24 AM
Slashwannabe

I torched a Riced out98Grand Am SE tonight on the highway, He kicked it down to pass me while he was along side me and I kicked it down at 55and pulled 1 car length ahead till my car shifted into 3rd gear and he caught right up to me neck and neck and I noticed I was at 82mph so there was still time to drop it into 2nd gear! I dropped it into second and regained a commanding lead and I shifted into 3rd gear at 100mph (about 5700 Rpm)and he gave up! as I hit 100mph I pulled 3 cars on him!

Old 11-18-2007, 09:30 PM
Aerorat
All Star

Some good stories

Old 11-18-2007, 09:46 PM
Slashwannabe

My brother called me a bull ****terwhenI saidI can wind second gear up to 100mph with my auto transmission, Well I proved him I was correct and he just about **** how hard and fastthat little Neon pushed up to 100Mph when held in second gear. Now with my Turbo on I've been winning races off the line like crazy and my 1500 Rpm+ has been insanely fast, I'm taking out Cameros and Mustangs in real races now, everybody thinks I'm using Nitrous but I pop the hood and trunkand show em the Throttlebody is clean and so is the trunk from any bottle...lol the funny part is telling them its all Motor especially when its too dark to see the turbo behind the engine. I denyI have a Turbo.

I love having my plain jane black Neon SOHC Engine tearing people new asses and they don't even know what hit em, they don't even expect it.

Old 11-18-2007, 10:59 PM
99r/tneon
Rookie

yeah, people under estimate neons way too much, i have already smoked mustangs, civics, and mazda mx5's like its nothing.
not talkin bad on those cars but mustangs are supposed to be super fast cars.. now how crazy can they be when my 160k mile neon with some bolt ons is stomping them into the ground from a 40 mph roll??

Old 11-19-2007, 12:06 AM
Dr_KY
Professional

Have the storys gotten any better? Someone give me an update so I don't have to read through all the post.lol

Quick Reply: Lets hear them stories, 1st Gen Neons