das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: "To Each His Own" Tired Of This BS

ORIGINAL: Aerorat

ORIGINAL: das2123

ORIGINAL: racerx55

you boys just have no clue do ya. the motors wernt designed from mitsu motors, , chrystler designed them, the bottom ends are identical.
the motor's design came from the stealth and yes alot of of the 90's up motors did come from the mits company.
The neon's DOHC was NOT DESIGNED IN ANYWAY BY MITSUBISHI!!! It was a joint venture between Chrysler and Lamborghini.
From chrysler web site

Currently used in the Neon and export PT Cruiser; used for a time in the Breeze and Stratus. Similar to the DOHC used in the Neon, Avenger/Sebring, Mitsubishi Eclipse, and Eagle Talon; seriously considered by BMW for the 3-series. Basis for the 1.8, the 2.4, and the 1.4/1.6 used in the Mini.
Designed by Mitsubishi and built and redefine by Chrysler, the 2.0 liter engine originally produced 132 horsepower, with 129 lb-ft of torque - at a time when most of its rivals failed to beat 100 horsepower. Even the Civic EX, with 125 horsepower, couldn't come close to the torque, despite variable valve timing. Gas mileage is good given the power and weight of the vehicles it is used in. (The exception, the current generation Neon, has an unfavorable gear ratio).
Thats the SOHC engine they are referring to...not the DOHC engine that everyone mistakes for the 420a!!!!

Old 07-23-2007, 11:44 AM
ryleynoyes
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the dohc is the exact same except for the heads if i remember correctly, o, and the pistons (9.6 for the dohc, 10.6 for the sohc i think)

Old 07-23-2007, 11:47 AM
das2123
Legend

ORIGINAL: ryleynoyes

the dohc is the exact same except for the heads if i remember correctly, o, and the pistons (9.6 for the dohc, 10.6 for the sohc i think)
Mitsubishi had nothing to do with the design of the head though. DOHC pistons have more compression than the SOHC pistons.

Old 07-23-2007, 11:54 AM
Aerorat
All Star

ORIGINAL: racerx55

you boys just have no clue do ya. the motors wernt designed from mitsu motors, , chrystler designed them, the bottom ends are identical.
the motor's design came from the stealth and yes alot of of the 90's up motors did come from the mits company.
The neon's DOHC was NOT DESIGNED IN ANYWAY BY MITSUBISHI!!! It was a joint venture between Chrysler and Lamborghini.
From chrysler web site

Currently used in the Neon and export PT Cruiser; used for a time in the Breeze and Stratus. Similar to the DOHC used in the Neon, Avenger/Sebring, Mitsubishi Eclipse, and Eagle Talon; seriously considered by BMW for the 3-series. Basis for the 1.8, the 2.4, and the 1.4/1.6 used in the Mini.
Designed by Mitsubishi and built and redefine by Chrysler, the 2.0 liter engine originally produced 132 horsepower, with 129 lb-ft of torque - at a time when most of its rivals failed to beat 100 horsepower. Even the Civic EX, with 125 horsepower, couldn't come close to the torque, despite variable valve timing. Gas mileage is good given the power and weight of the vehicles it is used in. (The exception, the current generation Neon, has an unfavorable gear ratio).
Thats the SOHC engine they are referring to...not the DOHC engine that everyone mistakes for the 420a!!!!
The last i checked the BLOCK is the same for sohc and dohc. As it said they redefined it making it better and this is why the bottom end is the same. I understand not liking it being from a import design I wasn't crazy about it neither, but never the less the 2.0 and the 2.4 was copied from the mits design as far the 2.4 it is just taller

Old 07-23-2007, 12:03 PM
Aerorat
All Star

ORIGINAL: ryleynoyes

Mitsubishi had nothing to do with the design of the head though. DOHC pistons have more compression than the SOHC pistons.
Correct just the block.

Old 07-23-2007, 12:05 PM
das2123
Legend

From someone who knows alot more about neons that me...

ORIGINAL: plymouth_neon_1998
A more direct answer is that the designation "420A" is what Mitsubishi calls the Chrysler 2.0 DOHC engine it purchased to use in Mitsubishi built vehicles such as the Eclipse.

No Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth built vehicle would have a 420A, aside from a joint venture vehicle like the Avenger.
And from the .org's FAQ...
Is the Neon's engine really a Mitsubishi product in disguise? [blockquote]No! This is a persistent myth, particularly among DSM owners, founded on the history of cooperation between Chrysler and Mitsubishi. In fact, the naturally aspirated Eclipse 2.0 litre is based on the Neon engine, which was entirely developed by Chrysler. However, the head is reversed in the Eclipse installation, with the exhaust manifold facing front. The Mitsubishi turbo engines, on the other hand, were designed in Japan and do not have any common parts with the Chrysler product. [/blockquote]

Old 07-23-2007, 12:16 PM
Aerorat
All Star

From someone who knows alot more about neons that me...

ORIGINAL: plymouth_neon_1998
A more direct answer is that the designation "420A" is what Mitsubishi calls the Chrysler 2.0 DOHC engine it purchased to use in Mitsubishi built vehicles such as the Eclipse.

No Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth built vehicle would have a 420A, aside from a joint venture vehicle like the Avenger.

Jim
[/quote] and that proves what. That mits bought the better redsigned motor to put in to there cars. The only thing jim is saying here is that they do not use the mits 2.0 I never said they did used the mits 2.0 in their vehicles. I just said the design came from the mits 2.0

Old 07-23-2007, 12:22 PM
Aerorat
All Star

Ok lets just drop it because we are just [sm=deadhorse.gif].
Get back to the the topic

Old 07-23-2007, 12:42 PM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker

As for the boxer bit.I really dont have much respect for boxers either.Especially since my hometown fighter Floyd Mayweather wont keep his mouth shut about mixed martial arts.Saying it's not a real sport and all that bull****.I would step into a full contact ring with him anytime.Throw a flying knee, lets see him punch his way outta that...lmao. Im gonna be cage-fighting locally here next year...I cant wait! It's funny to spar against boxers and start using kicks..there all like....wtf do I do now?....that's my 2 cents
i keep to myself,, i dont talk **** and i know any mma would woop my *** its a whole differant sport.. i like mma also just havent got that far yet i want to get better at boxing then wrestling.. but i still like boxing more.. But As This Post Says To Each His Own

and das you said sell the body kit as if i spent all the money on it.. if youve read my posts this is the way my car came except for the back bumper and with all the time and money spent on this car i figured i might as well get the bodykit back bumper... if i would have had the car it would still be white and stock on the outside cuz i would love to have a sleeper...

and i think i mainly have all the cheap upgrades cuz i cant afford a turbo
and the udp isnt good if i have a system, ive heard

and my next project is the TBspacer that slash talks about so much

what other cheap parts are there??

Old 07-23-2007, 01:00 PM
estneon
Record Breaker

you have most of the basic mod's forhpmaby a mopar pcmbut canyou afford the primium for the 5-9hp

Quick Reply: "To Each His Own" Tired Of This BS