1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

2.4 Engine sawp

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 09:29 AM
Slashwannabe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2.4 Engine sawp

ORIGINAL: das2123

The quickest neons in the world are ATX though!
So Far : ) or at least until they make aMTX that can handle 600hp

It gives me great hope for my Automatic though your quote

Old 10-18-2007, 10:09 PM
MINIHEMI
Rookie

of course ATX neons are faster, only in first gen, cause couldn't the SRT-4 Neon Smoke a first gen ATX?

Old 10-18-2007, 10:30 PM
pssssst
Veteran

there is no way in hell you can tell me a auto neon with the exact same motor as my 5spd would win and yea atx neons are the fastest in the world with about 50 grand invested and a strict drag car setup lol

Old 10-19-2007, 09:35 AM
Slashwannabe

ORIGINAL: pssssst

there is no way in hell you can tell me a auto neon with the exact same motor as my 5spd would win and yea atx neons are the fastest in the world with about 50 grand invested and a strict drag car setup lol
It wont cuz on average you lose 11% of your power through a manual transmission and a whopping 22% through an automatic. I've heard that a MTX upgrade is worth 22hp to the wheels over an automatic plus you get 2 more gears to play with. I think if there was a Manual that could handle the power then the fastest would be a MTX, but I hear they break easy with300+hpso the autos are the way to go for performance because of the durability.

Old 10-19-2007, 07:59 PM
jeanpierre

has any body swap a 4 speed auto ?????? i dont need aa manual cause thats how i **** my car up like yall said its nice to drop it in gear and smoke someone else

Old 10-19-2007, 08:17 PM
estneon
Record Breaker

just do it and prove you can....it would logicly work....if i had to go auto i would....im not saying the neon is a good car with a 3-speedatx[:'(]....i personaly think the 5-speedmtx and the 2.0 neon engine are one hell of a combo[8D]....i might do a 2.4 swap with the 5-speedone day but not untill i have all the stuff and then i will take my neon out and brake it[8D]the engine only though...hopefully....anyway think about the neon with the strats 4-speed it would kick *** for a auto(i know i got one in my strat)......however there are some ? that need to be asked like....will the axles work...**** like that.

Old 10-19-2007, 09:08 PM
Slashwannabe

ORIGINAL: estneon

just do it and prove you can....it would logicly work....if i had to go auto i would....im not saying the neon is a good car with a 3-speedatx[:'(]....i personaly think the 5-speedmtx and the 2.0 neon engine are one hell of a combo[8D]....i might do a 2.4 swap with the 5-speedone day but not untill i have all the stuff and then i will take my neon out and brake it[8D]the engine only though...hopefully....anyway think about the neon with the strats 4-speed it would kick *** for a auto(i know i got one in my strat)......however there are some ? that need to be asked like....will the axles work...**** like that.
Just put a Turbo on that SOHC

Old 10-19-2007, 09:45 PM
estneon
Record Breaker

yeah but if i turbo my strat it will be faster so i need more speed in my neon to beat my strat...no i plan on goingall out with my sohc neon and if it ever brakes i will do the swap[8D]...to bad i can't upgrade the strat's engine(i don't like the pos v6 you can swap in it) the 2.4 dohc is as good as it can get....i would be like youslash and put a hemi in....but i will save that for my next car...i need a old mopar so i will get a junk 69 charger and shove a hemi in...i got the pleasure of working on a redone there f-ing pretty[8D]

Old 10-19-2007, 10:09 PM
Slashwannabe

ORIGINAL: estneon

yeah but if i turbo my strat it will be faster so i need more speed in my neon to beat my strat...no i plan on goingall out with my sohc neon and if it ever brakes i will do the swap[8D]...to bad i can't upgrade the strat's engine(i don't like the pos v6 you can swap in it) the 2.4 dohc is as good as it can get....i would be like youslash and put a hemi in....but i will save that for my next car...i need a old mopar so i will get a junk 69 charger and shove a hemi in...i got the pleasure of working on a redone there f-ing pretty[8D]
put 15psi on that SOHC and watch the show, my buddy with the ebay turbo is getting pretty brave he cranked his stock SOHC Turbo engine up to 15psi and has ran that way no problems for a week Dunno how long it will last... he has the MLS Gasket so maybe he'll be allright.

I'd kill for any 66-70 Charger, My dads friend has a Gold 66 Charger with a 426 Hemi 4 Speed and he hides that car in his barn and I've only seen it once. We think he might have stole it and he's waiting for the statutes of limitations to run out on it

As for my Hemi Neon, its kind of on hold since that *** hole sold my 2 door I was going to buy, soI might resort to buying my old green4 door back thatI sold 3 months agoand try the swap on that again. I measured everything and it will just BARELY Fit, and I will most likely have to put a small hood scoup on to clear the carb and use a bit bigger tires and rimsso the oil pan can have clearence in relation to the ground. It will be one hell of a sleeper car! I'm gonna have to barrow some money from my sister so I can go buy the ol' GreenNeon back....lol

I might go the the junk yard and pick up some more TO3 Garretts and make a twin turbo set up for the Hemi, the Hemi can handle whatever the turbo/s can throw at it and the crank is rated up to 6,000hp so its tough enough to handle the power. The Hemi weighs710lbsvs the Neon engine at 240lbs, but I think a 550hp/620ft of torqueHemi will cancel out the weight gain along with me stripping most of the interior. I'm gonna end the post here cuz I think I just creamed my pants at the thought of that much torque in a Neon......

Old 10-20-2007, 09:27 AM
jfink
Veteran

if you did a 2.4 swap could you use the original 5 speed tranny or is there something better since the manual can't handle over 300 horses
but I hear they break easy with300+hpso the autos are the way to go for performance because of the durability.

Quick Reply: 2.4 Engine sawp