Old 10-15-2007, 01:44 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2.4 Engine sawp

ORIGINAL: Slashwannabe

ORIGINAL: das2123

Its a garbage theory, theres people in the real world who have done this swap and run fine without problemsand I'd say your more likley to burn your stock transmission out just as quick as you would any other if not faster than the stratus transmission.
It's not a theory. The answer comes from Chrysler Engineer's themselves.

I still wanna see pics and since you have a friend that did it, it should be easy to get some!

Sure Thing...I will contact him later today : )

I see if he took pictures of the before too.
First of all, thanks for doing all the work das. Second of all, I would definitly listen to the people that designed this car over one or two people on the internet. Just imagine all the time and money these guys put into designing our little neons. If you want more gears, do a 5spd swap. Or, try it, and let us know how it works. Who knows, maybe we are wrong.

Old 10-15-2007, 05:42 PM
Slashwannabe

ORIGINAL: Jr. Mechanic

Its a garbage theory, theres people in the real world who have done this swap and run fine without problemsand I'd say your more likley to burn your stock transmission out just as quick as you would any other if not faster than the stratus transmission.
It's not a theory. The answer comes from Chrysler Engineer's themselves.

I still wanna see pics and since you have a friend that did it, it should be easy to get some!

Sure Thing...I will contact him later today : )

I see if he took pictures of the before too.
First of all, thanks for doing all the work das. Second of all, I would definitly listen to the people that designed this car over one or two people on the internet. Just imagine all the time and money these guys put into designing our little neons. If you want more gears, do a 5spd swap. Or, try it, and let us know how it works. Who knows, maybe we are wrong.
Yeah well Chryslers engineers wern't getting paid what they wanted and the budget for the 4 speed wasn't there and where else is it going to come out of?. It takes more than 1 engineer to build and designa car so I wouldn't put too much weight on what 1 engineer says when we don't even know what area of the car he worked on and what his expertise was.

Like I said I know my friend who has had his work flawless the whole time his has been in and I've heard of other people in my area who have done this swap who have inspired him to do his swap. Use a brain and it becomes clear thatany engine/trans combo can be put in anything you want, maybe it wont last the 7 year 150,000 mile warenty but it doesn't mean it will go out instantly either.

Old 10-16-2007, 08:11 AM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Still waiting on pics!

Old 10-16-2007, 09:11 AM
Slashwannabe

Still waiting on pics!
So am I.

I'll have to give you his phone number and you could talk to him directly. He lives 50 miles away from me so it isnt exactly easy to just go there and waste my gas to prove something that is obvious, besidesI know it works.

Also just because the transmission is in the car doesn't mean anything , I think we've all established it bolts up to our SOHC and DOHC engines andit can happen, its weather it can last is what the real question is, so a video would be more proper along with another video next yearto prove it still works. So far its got just about 2 years under its belt and has never had a failure or anything happen wrong with his transmission and it came out of a Stratus with 180,000 Miles on it.

Besides wheres this proof that it "Doesn't Work" anybody know of anybody who has one turn to toast? The heat this transmission produces in the Neon frame is totally exagerated.

Old 10-16-2007, 10:51 AM
estneon
Record Breaker

im with slash on this....i think it will work it's stupid to say it is bad in the neons compartment when the stratus's compartment is just as small.and if it got hotter just put a hood scoop on......but logic says it would work.....and slash has a point about the pics too....you could put a viper engine in a neon and take pics....but dose it run safe[8D]

Old 10-16-2007, 08:26 PM
jeanpierre

well thats all i got the 4 speed trany and i measure the bays and both are the same i got the computer for the tranny so all im doing is using the stratus wiring and the i just have to see an diagram of the wiring to see what each wire is for on that i dont have a problem the only problem is and my axels and on my tranny mount

Old 10-16-2007, 10:30 PM
pssssst
Veteran

i have a great idea... MAKE IT A MANUAL AND ENJOY DRIVING THE CAR!!!! lol auto is so boring especially if your going to have a nice amount of power to play with... you cannot go wrong with manual

Old 10-17-2007, 01:00 AM
mulletman11
All Star

my gf has an auto '00 neon
i almsot fall alseep driving
go stick or go home!!

Old 10-17-2007, 01:15 AM
Slashwannabe

ORIGINAL: pssssst

i have a great idea... MAKE IT A MANUAL AND ENJOY DRIVING THE CAR!!!! lol auto is so boring especially if your going to have a nice amount of power to play with... you cannot go wrong with manual
If I had a 5 speed I'd beat the **** out of my car all the time and never have gas in the tank. I wanna get a second car and put a manual in it for fun. My Automatic car is turbo'ed and is fun to drive while eating and trips. I adjustedthe transmissionbandsand I'm burning the tires like crazy now.

Old 10-17-2007, 04:13 AM
estneon
Record Breaker

auto's are fun to drive and their best for racing....i love my neon but my stratus has shown me auto can be a very good car i have love out doing tons of mtxs.....and don't you people froget some people just can't drive mtx cars

Quick Reply: 2.4 Engine sawp